This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RAD Progress Area

1 Answer 56 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Siddesh Kapadi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Siddesh Kapadi asked on 15 Sep 2011, 07:44 AM
Hi Team Telerik,

Recently, I used a progress area for my page. I have a asp.net file upload control and have tied it up with a rad progress area.

There is a server side validation on my same page.

On submit, the server side validation needs to occur first and then the rad progress area needs to appear if the validation is Valid.

But instead, the progress area popup,it loads the file in the buffer and then it executes the server validation.

How can I resovle this?

Requesting you to reply ASAP, as we are due to go to production in a day or two.

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2011, 11:00 AM
Hello Siddesh,

RadUpload control is using standard input type="file" control. It is not possible make a file size validation on the client side, it is possible to make a file extension validation. In case you want client-side validation, please use RadAsyncUpload control.

RadProgressArea is displayed during a postback, which generally happens before the server-side validation occur. Unfortunately there is no way to change this behavior.

Greetings,
Peter Filipov
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal
Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
Siddesh Kapadi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
Share this question
or