This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid Drag and Drop

3 Answers 59 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Divyang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Divyang asked on 01 Aug 2011, 06:30 AM
I have a grid which has only one column. it contain image and a text. When i try to drag by clicking on image it won't start dragging operation but i do the same thing with text it start dragging.

Is it a problem with z-index, could you provide proper solution on that ?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2011, 11:19 AM
Hello Divyang,

Dragging a row by clicking directly on the image is not supported for design reasons. In order to drag a row you may click anywhere directly on the tr element of the grid table. It does not depend on the column type but on the element inside the cell, i.e. if the image is smaller and you have padding between the cell border and the image you may drag the row clicking in this area. 

Best wishes,
Pavlina
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2012, 03:01 PM
I have the same issue. Is there any kind of workaround for this? I've found some samples using RadList to drag and  drop sort, unfortunately the RadList's d&d functionality is pretty clunky when it comes to sorting inside the same RadList.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Dave,

You can drag whole columns (when using the columns reorder feature).

I am afraid you cannot drag cells (actually, this is what you are trying to do). For the time being this is not supported. We may implement such a feature in the future, but a specific timeframe has not been defined yet.

However, what you can do, is obtain a reference to the table cells inside the dragged rows and get only the cell values that you need. Afterwards you can apply some custom actions.

Kind regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Divyang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1