This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException

2 Answers 860 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Timothy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Timothy asked on 23 May 2011, 12:17 PM
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help, im currently getting an error to do with the Telerik Rad Script Manager Control.
The solution works fine on my local machine and on a staging server but it fails when it is integrated into the main site.

This error only seems to affect IE and Firefox and Chrome work fine.

The error i receive is:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=RadScriptManager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d3.5.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3a8ac4a3ed-a467-4f19-a8ed-9270f6e4c6d6%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2010.2.929.35%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen-US%3a15a8cff0-9e51-4282-a100-c2dcd204ecf2%3a16e4e7cd%3aed16cbdc%3af7645509, line 6 character 62099

The error appears when you change user controls however if i refresh the page and keep the browser open the application then works without errors.

The application is .Net 3.5 and is using Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Tim

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2011, 10:09 AM
Hi Tim,

I already answered your support ticket on the same subject, but for convenience, I am pasting my reply here as well.

The message indicates that there is an error on the server. Because you are using Ajax however, it outputs as a client error in the browser.
What I suggest, since the problem is reproduced on the client machine only, is to log on his machine and disable the Ajax (EnableAjax=false). Repeat the steps that reproduces the error and see what is the actual error on the server. If it is related to our controls, please send us the log so we can check it as well.

Kind regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Scribe Genie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2018, 09:34 AM

Hello,

I am getting similar error when reschedule recurring appointment by drag and drop on radscheduler. Please help me to solve this issue.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduling.AppointmentController.PrepareToEdit(Appointment appointmentToEdit, Boolean editSeries) +198
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.Telerik.Web.UI.IScheduler.HandleMove(Appointment appointmentToMove, DateTime start, DateTime end, Boolean editSeries, ResourceUpdateInfo resourceUpdateInfo) +101
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Week.GroupedByResource.Model.HandleMove(Appointment appointment, ISchedulerTimeSlot sourceSlot, ISchedulerTimeSlot targetSlot, Boolean editSeries) +1049
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.SchedulerModel.ProcessPostBackCommand(SchedulerPostBackEvent postBack) +621
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.ProcessPostBackCommand(SchedulerPostBackEvent postBack) +5716
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +119
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +42
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +15
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +9760098
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1639

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Timothy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
Scribe Genie
Top achievements
Rank 1