scheduler performance

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jose Granja
    Jose Granja avatar
    84 posts

Posted 11 Apr 2011 Link to this post

Hi,

I'm using the scheduler with webservice binding! everything is fine and the component works as expected. My only concern is performance wise. If I get between 40-50 appointments it works really fast but beyond that limit it starts to take a lot of time to render the appoinments (2> seconds).

I customize the appointment appearance on the appointmentcreated event but I don't do anything fancy there. If I remove all the customization it's still slow.

I wander if there has been improvements performance wise in the new release for the scheduler or not. As well if there is something that I can do so it takes less time (render the appointments in a lightweight mode). Having that much javascript it will get slower on some client machines I guess.

regards,

jose

2. Nikolay Tsenkov
    Admin
    Nikolay Tsenkov avatar
    734 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2011 Link to this post

Hello Jose Granja,

There wasn't a significant performance improvement introduced in Q1 2011 release for RadScheduler.

Here is a nice article that explains how to achieve the best performance with RadScheduler and the other controls in the suite: http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/getting-started/top-performance.aspx

Regards,
    Nikolay Tsenkov
    the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.