This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Memory Leaks???

4 Answers 79 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
mark baer
Top achievements
Rank 1
mark baer asked on 30 Mar 2011, 06:18 PM
Is it possible that there is some kind of memory leak in the latest build?  I never had this problem before I installed the Telerik controls, but in the past week, I keep getting these types of messages and I need to restart Visual Studio 2010.  I'm running VS 2010 on Windows 7.  I am building an ASP.NET 4.0 Ajax application.

Error 23 Metadata file 'c:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2011\Bin40\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' could not be opened -- 'Not enough storage is available to process this command. ' CreativeAffairsWebApp

HELP?!

Thanks

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bodevain Svensson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2011, 09:01 AM
mark baer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2011, 04:37 PM
I seriously doubt it.  I have 4 Gigs of Ram on this box and I just watched the memory for VS increase from 279 mb to over 500 in about 15-30 minutes.  Is also seems to do it when I have VS in "Split" mode instead of just "code" view.  I think viewing the designer page is part of the problem, but I'm not sure... 

Outlook and IE were the only 2 other apps open at the time.  The articles listed talked about VS using over 2 Gigs of memory.  I have another Solution for .Net under VS 2008 that has over 20 projects in it and I don't get memory exceptions with that solution.  This solution only has 3 Projects all of which are pretty small in size...

I hope Telerik has an answer for this. 

Again, I NEVER had this problem until after I installed the Telerik Controls.

Thanks though for offering help.
Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Apr 2011, 08:59 AM
Does clearing the VS cache and restarting the dev environment free the memory? Then try to reopen the project again and monitor the memory consumption to compare the results. I experienced similar oddity a couple of times with my projects (although big solutions with many referenced inner projects) and this was the quick and dirty solution.

Kiara
mark baer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Apr 2011, 04:37 PM
Yes, that does help, but I was wondering if there is a more permanent solution.  I didn't have this problem before I installed the Telerik Controls.  Now it mainly happens when I have VS in "Split Mode" where you see the Designer and the code.  If I don't have the Designer page open, the memory doesn't seem to increase...

thanks
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
mark baer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bodevain Svensson
Top achievements
Rank 1
mark baer