This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScheduler Appointment Displays Truncated in WeekView Mode

5 Answers 45 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
prabha
Top achievements
Rank 1
prabha asked on 10 Jan 2011, 11:13 AM
Hi,

I have the RadScheduler for displaying events.Its working fine.
But ,While creating the appointment is 8 am to 9 am(Like this) or the whole day event the cell is not covered fully .
I had attached the Screenshot .Please give any suggestion

Thanks
Prabha

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2011, 01:33 PM
Hello prabha,

It is not possible to make the appointments occupy 100% width of the date column. This is a default behavoir of the appointments so that users can easily determine to each column they belong.

Please let me know if you have furher questions.

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Oneview Corp
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2012, 07:13 AM
I have the exact same issue and I do not understand the logic behind it.

I have a service where only one appointment is possible per slot. But because of this issue (extra space on the right), the user is able to click on it and book another appointment. To prevent this, we then have to do extra processing in code and display an error message.

This is not a good user experience. For our application, the user should not be able to click in the cell once an appointment has been made and that slot is occupied. That is the better behavior and user experience. 

Is there any way to even make it occupy 99% of the cell (if 100% is disallowed due to code design). So that there is not such a large open space for the user to click on. Why not give the developer more control over such scenarios?

Also note that in the "disabled" state, the whole cell is indeed occupied and filled in by gray color. So why not for appointments?
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 04 May 2012, 08:39 AM
Hi,

If you are using one appointment at a slot you can set the following css in order to make the appointment take 100% of that slot:

.rsApt
       {
           width:100% !important;
           }

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards,
Plamen Zdravkov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Pic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Oct 2012, 03:29 PM
Well, I've got the beging of a solution for that, but I'm not clever enought to make it working 100%.

Here is the Idea:

Private Sub RadScheduler1_TimeSlotCreated(sender As Object, e As Telerik.Web.UI.TimeSlotCreatedEventArgs) Handles RadScheduler1.TimeSlotCreated
    If e.TimeSlot.Appointments.Count > 0 Then
        For i = 1 To e.TimeSlot.Appointments.Count
            e.TimeSlot.Appointments(i - 1).AppointmentControls(0).Style.Item("width") = Math.Floor(100 / e.TimeSlot.Appointments.Count).ToString & "%"
            e.TimeSlot.Appointments(i - 1).AppointmentControls(0).Style.Item("left") = (100 - (Math.Floor(100 / e.TimeSlot.Appointments.Count) * i)).ToString & "%"
        Next
    End If
End Sub

I'm sure you know where I'm going with that, and I'm sure you understand the issue with it (an appointment that starts before and ends after another one).

if there is a cleaver Telerik guy that have a brilliant Idea, please let me know. 

(The main question is how do we detect that there is several appointments on a timesplot when the start of the appointment is not on that Timeslot?)
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2012, 10:12 AM
Hello Pic,

You can use GetAppointmentsInRange method of RadScheduler as in the code below:

RadScheduler1.Appointments.GetAppointmentsInRange(e.TimeSlot.Start, e.TimeSlot.End)

Hope this will be helpful.
Greetings,
Plamen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
prabha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veronica
Telerik team
Oneview Corp
Top achievements
Rank 1