This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unknown server tag telerik:RadButton

2 Answers 448 Views
Button
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brad asked on 11 Nov 2010, 05:55 PM
I went through the upgrade wizard, but when I rebuild and go back to the wizard, it tells me that the currently used RadControls version is 2010.2.713.40 and suggests that I upgrade to 2010.2.929.40. When I click Get Latest Version, it says nothing newer found.

I upgrade to 2010.2.929.40 successfully. Then the wizard says I'm on 2010.2.290.40 (yay!) and that 2010.3.1109.40 is available (yay!) so I upgrade to it (just click next a few times), again it seems successful and the upgrade wizard now shows that I'm running 2010.3.1009.40 (yay!). I've done this process three times now.

Here's where it gets interesting: I have a RadButton that I coded directly in Source view. The error list shows no issues. I rebuild. Boom: error (as listed in title). Go to the upgrade wizard and oops, I'm back on 2010.2.713.40.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can verify the following:

My Telerik.Web.UI.dll.refresh points to
C:\blahblahblah\Telerik\Updates\Telerik.Web.UI_2010_3_1109_Dev_hotfix\Bin40\Telerik.Web.UI.dll

The version of the dll associated with my project is 21010.3.1109.40

I have the tagPrefix defined in the web.config
<add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>

I have the HTTP handlers in the web.config

<httpHandlers>
      <add path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>
    <httpModules>
      <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule"/>
      <add name="RadCompression" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression"/>
    </httpModules>
    <handlers>
      <remove name="ChartImage_axd"/>
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd"/>
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx"/>
      <remove name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx"/>
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd"/>
      <add name="ChartImage_axd" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <add name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
    </handlers>

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2010, 04:16 PM
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the detailed info! That's strange.

Here are some places to check:

Could it be that you have the Telerik.Web.UI assembly versioned 2010.2.713.40 in a "special" folder, like [VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE, [VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies, [VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies?

Can you check the web.config for a GAC-registered Telerik.Web.UI reference (<assemblies><add assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, ...")?

Can you check if a page/ascx user control has a <% Register directive with a fully qualified assembly name for a RadControl?

Does the WebSite project reference your custom ControlLibrary project, that in turn references the "older" Telerik.Web.UI assembly - 2010.2.713.40?

Best,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2010, 04:28 PM
BINGO!

Does the WebSite project reference your custom ControlLibrary project,
that in turn references the "older" Telerik.Web.UI assembly - 2010.2.713.40?

Thanks!
Tags
Button
Asked by
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Brad
Top achievements