This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad window

5 Answers 98 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
liju
Top achievements
Rank 1
liju asked on 25 Sep 2010, 11:11 AM
I have implemented rad window in my user control, put in an aspx page.I have master page for all my aspx pages. I need to check some condition in database every 1 minute.So  I have done a AsyncPostBack using a timer and update panel using the code below

<asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="3500" OnTick="Timer1_Tick">
    </asp:Timer>

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" UpdateMode="Conditional" runat="server">
        <Triggers>
            <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="Timer1" EventName="Tick" />
        </Triggers>
        <ContentTemplate>
<div style="position: fixed; left: 50%; bottom:0px; width: 300px; margin-left: 168px; display: block;">
</div>  
          </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>
If i open a rad window, because of the refresh in the master page, the rad window in the user control is getting disappeared.
so could you please suggest a solution to get rid from this dilemma

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Sep 2010, 09:18 AM
Hi liju,

If the RadWindow is in the user control that gets updated (reloaded) with Ajax, such behavior is expected. To avoid the problem I would suggest to put the RadWindowManager out of the update panel.

Best wishes,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
liju
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Sep 2010, 12:21 PM
Actually the update panel is in the master page and only a div is there inside the update panel which is being used as a pop-up based on the condition in the database. The Content Place Holder which is holding the user-control is not inside the update panel. The user-control holding the Rad Window Manager doesn't contain any update panel at all.Now what i need to do?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Sep 2010, 08:56 AM
Hello liju,

If the RadWindow / RadWindowManager is outside of the update panel, it should not be affected. At this point I cannot tell what the reason for the problem might be but if you open a support ticket and send me a sample project, I will do my best to help you.

Best wishes,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
taus
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 May 2011, 05:33 AM
Hi,

I saw the chat application of Telerik rad window, My Query is that can I save the chat log into the database.
Reply Asap.

Thanks & Regards
Taus Khan.
Fit2Page
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 07:18 AM
Hi there,

Anybody knows where I can find the here discussed Chat application which is build upon RadWindow?

Thanks,
Marc
Tags
Window
Asked by
liju
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
liju