This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDock

7 Answers 71 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Christian asked on 23 Sep 2010, 07:46 AM
Dear Telerik-Team,

how can I restrict/limitate a RadDock only to a RadDockZone. Currently it is posile to place a RadDock everywhere on the page. I want to limitate the RadDock to the RadDockZone. But how?

Thanks in advanced.

Kind regards
Christan

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pero
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2010, 09:53 AM
Hello Christan,

You should use either of the following properties:
  • ForbiddenZones - specifies the zones where the dock is not allowed to dock
  • AllowedZones - specifies the zones where the dock is allowed to dock

AllowedZones was introduced in the latest official release, Q2 2010.

Best wishes,
Pero
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Sep 2010, 08:08 AM

Dear Pero,

Sorry but you misunderstood my question. I know the properties Allowed- and ForbiddenZones. But that’s not the behavior I want.

If you drag a RadDock you can place it everywhere on the page. Also outside of a RadDockZone, but this behavior I don't want. It must be only possible to place a RadDock in a RadDockZone or nowhere on the page!

Kind regards
Christian

Pero
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2010, 09:03 AM
Hello Uwe,

Thank you for the clarification. I believe the DockMode property will help you achieve the desired behavior. Set it to Docked and the dock can reside only in zones, it cannot be placed on the page. Here is a demo showing this: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/dock/examples/dockmode/defaultcs.aspx.

All the best,
Pero
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Sep 2010, 09:32 AM
Dear Pero,

thanks for you reply.

Yes this is the half way to the solution I'm looking for. :) But I want to give the user the possibility to place the RadDock in the RadDockZone without restricted to a raster. It must be possible to place the RadDock in a RadDockZone and to pin point it to a position within the RadDockZone!

Kind Regards
Chrsitian
Pero
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Uwe,

This cannot be achieved with the RadDock control. I suppose you are talking about the RestrictionZone functionality of the RadWindow control, as shown in the following demo: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/window/examples/restrictionzone/defaultcs.aspx. Maybe you should try switching to the RadWindow control for this specific scenario. The window also has ContentTemplate, where you can add controls and custom content.

Best wishes,
Pero
the Telerik team
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Sep 2010, 11:56 AM
Dear Pero,

thanks a lot. I know that the RadWIndow achieve this behavior, but if I add a lot of RadWindows the performence is pure and the screen flickers. Is this a normal behavior? And also unfortunaltly the RadWindow don't maintain its viewstate so its a lot of work to archive also this.

Kind Regards
Christian
Fiko
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2010, 03:50 PM
Hi Uwe,

The RadWindow has the feature that you want and I recommend you to use that control in order to achieve the desired result. Indeed, you need to manually maintain the settings of the RadWindows, because they do not persist their state.

The flickering which occurs is not an expected behavior and I am not quite sure what is causing this problem in your case. Could you please send me a runnable project (you need to open a new support ticket) which shows the flickering behavior? I will check it and do my bets to provide a working solution as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Fiko
the Telerik team
Tags
Dock
Asked by
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pero
Telerik team
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1