This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Inplace editing

1 Answer 44 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
pirobox
Top achievements
Rank 1
pirobox asked on 07 Sep 2010, 10:03 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to implement the client side editing without doing postback / callbacks. I mean, I want to do a server batch update only at the end of the client editing. Calling back the server just for showing the editing controls for me it is just useless (too slow in a real scenario).
I was looking at your example (the only one I've found)
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/dataediting/clienteditbatchupdates/defaultcs.aspx
and I'm trying to replicate it, but I've immediately noticed one thing that I don't like at all: you are adding an hidden editing control directly to the ItemTemplate of the column. I don't like it because it means that for each cell you are creating 2 controls and this is an enormous waste of space.
Can't you suggest a way to create just 1 editing hidden control for column istead?

Best regards, Andrea Pirola

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Radoslav
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2010, 10:47 AM
Hello Pirobox,

You could achieve the desired functionality by adding the edit control for every column on the page. Then when user double clicked on the RadGrid cell you could positioning absolutely the edit control over the clicked cell. Please give it try and let me know if you experience any problems.

Greetings,
Radoslav
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
pirobox
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Radoslav
Telerik team
Share this question
or