This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Editing appointment occurrence

5 Answers 80 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Koen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Koen asked on 16 Jul 2010, 01:47 PM

Hello,

When going into edit mode of an appointment, a small popup is shown before editing. In this popup I get the choice to :

Edit only this occurrence, Edit the series. I would like to bypass this popup. 

Now, I've seen other posts about this with this solution :

1.OnClientAppointmentClick="editAppointment"

1.function editAppointment(sender, e) {
2.var apt = e.get_appointment();
3.sender.editAppointment(apt);
4.}

It seems though, that adding OnClientAppointmentClick , or any other 'OnClient' event are not responding. 

Any idea what it could be ?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2010, 02:43 PM
Hello Kow,

This pop-up appears when you try to edit a reccurence appointment. To be able to bypass the pop-up you'll need to subscribe to the OnClientAppointmentClick event as you did and to the OnClientRecurrenceActionDialogShowing event. Here's the code of the handlers:

function editAppointment(sender, args) {
            var apt = args.get_appointment();
            sender.editAppointment(apt);
        }

function OnClientRecurrenceActionDialogShowing(sender, eventArgs) {
           eventArgs.set_cancel(true);
       }

The second handler cancels the showing of the dialog pop-up and the first is needed for opening the Edit Advanced Form.

Find the full code in the attached .zip file.

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Koen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jul 2010, 09:27 AM

Thanks very much!

Initially it didn't seem to work. I figured out what I did wrong. 

I made the scheduler a usercontrol and added the javascript code in the usercontrol.

It seems as if javascript doesn't run in a usercontrol when you place within an updatepanel!

So a tip for everyone reading this. 

Place the javascript in the form, and not in a usercontrol that is within an updatepanel!

Koen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jul 2010, 11:19 AM

When I use the xml provider all serverside functions work fine; But when I use Databinding (a List) and the OnClient functions combined, it seems to prevent all serverside events to fire (insert/delete/update).

Is it not possible with Databinding ?

Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2010, 04:46 PM
Hello Kow,

There is no limitation for server-side events not to fire when binding to a list. Make sure you're not calling the DataBind() method directly and you're only setting the DataSource property.

Could you please send me the code so I can help you?

Meanwhile you can use this help topic on binding a RadScheduler to a generic list and the related example as a reference.

Kind regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Koen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jul 2010, 09:38 AM

Late reply. I tried to find out what the problem was. It had to do with the way we were binding data.

The problem is solved, but unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the exact cause.

Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Koen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veronica
Telerik team
Koen
Top achievements
Rank 1