This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Show/Hide Grid Display Problem

8 Answers 79 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark Andrew asked on 24 Jun 2010, 01:31 PM
I have an aspx page that has 2 RadGrids on the page and depending on what RadioButtonList is selected i set the grid visible or not.

The problem is when I load the grid with data then hide it and then load new data in the grid and unhide it the styling of the grid is all messed up.  The filters lose the filter image, that alternating row color is lost and so on.

Can you tell me the best way to clear the grid, hide it and unhide it so to not lose the styling?

Thank you. 

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jun 2010, 07:40 AM
Hi Mark,

Have you tried setting the grid's style to "display:none"?

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mark Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jun 2010, 02:23 PM
Thank you for the reply. 

Are you saying to set the style to display:none when I hide the grid and set it back when I unhide it? 
Can you send me the code to set set the style for the code behind page, I am not seeing how to do it?
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2010, 02:41 PM
Hi Mark,

Below is the code statement needed:

RadGrid1.Style.Add("display", "none");

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mark Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jun 2010, 03:25 PM
Once I set it to RadGrid1.Style.Add("display", "none") what would I set it back to?

Mark
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2010, 08:33 AM
Hi Mark ,

To display back the grid, the code statement is as follows:
RadGrid1.Style.Add("display", "");

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Mark Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2010, 09:16 PM
The solution did not resolve my problem, any other suggestions?
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2010, 02:25 PM
Hello Mark,

It works on my side. Attached is a small sample.

Best wishes,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Mark Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2010, 04:22 PM
I have it working now, but I think the problem is you set the grid's default

Visible

="False" and then change it back to Visible="True" it will display incorrectly even after setting

Grid.Style.Add(

"display", "none")

and

Grid.Style.Add(

"display", "")

Thanks
Mark

Tags
Grid
Asked by
Mark Andrew
Top achievements