This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadAJAXManagerProxy Problem

3 Answers 70 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Edward Sudit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Edward Sudit asked on 15 Jun 2010, 03:45 PM
Below is the scenario that I am not able to solve.
1. Master/Content Page setup.
2. Content Page has the RadAjaxManager object and a web user control (lets call it ucMaster)
3. ucMaster contains 3 other user controls, uc1, uc2 and uc3.  uc2 and uc3 are displayed based on a selection in ucMaster.  Both are loaded but the .Visible property is used to hide one or the other control.
4. uc1 has the RadAjaxManagerProxy1 and uses a radWindow dialog to get values and update the panel via ajaxrequest.  (Works fine)
5. uc3 has the RadAjaxManagerProxy2, and uses a radWindow dialog to get values and update the panel via ajaxrequest.  The "UpdatedControls" section uses the radAjaxManagerProxy2 as the "AjaxControlID" so that the panel is updated when the radWindow dialog is closed. (Does Not Work).

If I include the AJAX Setting in the ascx page under the RadAjaxManagerProxy AjaxSettings section, I get an error when the RadAjaxManagerProxy1 invokes an update for user control uc1.  The error is: "Sys.InvalidOperationException: Could not find UpdatePanel with ID 'ctl00xxxxx_grvContactsPanel'.  If it is being updated dynamically then it must be inside another UpdatePanel."

If uc3 is visible, the error does not come up.

I removed the "UpdatedControls" section from the radAjaxManagerProxy2.AjaxSetting section and add the control on the server-side in the page "PreRender" event.  The code runs, but the panel does not get updated.  If I move the server-side code to the "ajaxRequest" event handler I get the same error as before.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 01:41 PM
Hi Edward,

I suggest that in uc3 you add a dynamic ajax setting where the true manager updates the desired controls instead of the RadAjaxManagerProxy. You can do that on Page_Load or Page_PreRender and add the setting only when uc3 is visible on the page.

Regards,
Iana
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Edward Sudit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 07:15 PM
I was able to resolve the problem a bit differently, as the dynamic setting did not produce a desired result.  The problem was that in UC3, the RadAjaxManagerProxy was designated as the ControlID in AjaxSettings.  This was causing the RadAjaxManager to handle all events from UC3.  I removed the AjaxSetting in UC3 and placed the RadAJAXSettings in the containing control.

This did the trick and the page is working beautifully now.

Thank you for your help.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jun 2010, 03:22 PM
Hello Edward,

I glad to know you managed to found a suitable resolution for your case.
Do not hesitate to write us back if any issues arise.

Sincerely yours,
Iana
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Edward Sudit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
Edward Sudit
Top achievements
Rank 1