This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

JavaScript Intellisense

3 Answers 236 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Christian asked on 07 Apr 2010, 07:57 AM
Dear Support,

how can I get intellisense for javascripts in seperated javascript files. For example If I create a test.js script file and add this to a page I can use all function blocks, but I have no intellisense in the file. ANy Idea why and how I can resolve this issue?

If I create a function directly in the page intelisense is working fine.

Thanks for help.

Christian

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 12 Apr 2010, 03:08 PM
Hello Christian,

It is possible to add JavaScript IntelliSense for RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX to external javascript files as well. The extra step compared to this blog post would be to add corresponding reference tab at the beginning of your js file (see the enclosed screenshot).

For your further convenience I am attaching a simple test project to this forum thread.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Craig
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2012, 05:04 PM
This is not working for me.  For one thing in the web.config file there is an add assembly tag for an assembly that does not exist in the zip file.
<add assembly="Telerik.Web.Design, Version=2010.1.309.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121FAE78165BA3D4"/>

Did I miss something?
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 May 2012, 02:35 PM
Craig,

The "Telerik.Web.Design.dll" typically gets installed in the GAC when you run the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX installer. So, if you have these controls installed on your workstation, you'd have to navigate to "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Web.Design" and retrieve the version information and use that to update the <add assembly="Telerik.Web.Design, Version=2010.1.309.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121FAE78165BA3D4"/> entry in the application's "web.config" file.

It is unclear as to your requirement for enabling Intellisense with JavaScript. But, I wanted to be sure that you've referenced the How to Use JavaScript Intellisense for RadControls documentation page. It provides a method for enabling Intellisense when working with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX within your JS.

Hope this helps!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Craig
Top achievements