Error loading RadChart image

Thread is closed for posting
4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Software Support
    Software Support avatar
    7 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2010 Link to this post

I have tried all of the options that I can find on the forums but still can't get this to work right in my production environment.

Dev workstation is Windows 7.

Production is Windows 2003 Server.

Web.Config
    <system.web>
      <httpHandlers>
        <add path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
      </httpHandlers>
    </system.web>

<system.webserver>
      <handlers>
        <add name="ChartImage_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" />
      </handlers>
    </system.webserver>

These were added by the Smart Tag.

.ASPX Page
    <rad:radchart ID="ticketCountChart" runat="server" DataSourceID="ticketCountChartODS" Height="600px" Skin="Office2007" Width="800px" Visible="False" UseSession="False">
    </rad:radchart>

~/Temp folder exists and ASPNET has Write permissions.

What am I missing on the production server?
  2. Vladimir Milev
    Admin
    Vladimir Milev avatar
    1061 posts

Posted 02 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Hello Bradford Stevens,

Are you using the session to store the image (RadChart.UseSession=true) or the filesystem. If using the session have you configured state server or moved session to SQL server? Also, are you using a web farm deployment?

Finally, please install firebug and check the requests to the http handler and what happens there.

All the best,
    Vladimir Milev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Software Support
    Software Support avatar
    7 posts

Posted 02 Mar 2010 Link to this post

As stated above in my post, I have configured UseSession=false.

We are using the State Server, not SQL Server, and are not using a Web Farm.
  4. Vladimir Milev
    Admin
    Vladimir Milev avatar
    1061 posts

Posted 08 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Hi Bradford Stevens,

Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce such an issue locally neither have we ever had reports of such a problem. We are not sure what is causing the problem, but in order to investigate can you tell us what is the HTTP server response for the request sent to the HTTP handler?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Milev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.