This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error Creating Control

5 Answers 97 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kennet
Top achievements
Rank 2
Kennet asked on 28 Jan 2010, 06:19 PM
I now spent hours to solv this dilemma. Reading posts on this forum, but nothing helps...

I add a new project, "RadControls CSharp WebApplication", wizard say for  Telerik.Web.UI: "v.2009.3.1314.35 [Installation Folder] "

But I get "Error Creating Control" on scriptmanager and AjaxManager. And I can't add any Rad Controls in DesignView (if I add a RadGrid in SourceView I get "Error Creating Control" on that to.

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit, and have VS2008 SP1 (I reinstalled SP1 to be sure). I uninstalled Telerik and installed again "RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2009_3_1314_dev"

In Windows/assembly I see two "Telerik.Web.Design" (2009.3.1314.20 & 2009.3.1314.35) and a "Telerik.Web.Design.VSX"

Please help me, I'm so wanna start coding...

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
meidianto
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2010, 11:27 PM
Add this to the web.config
        <pages> 
            <controls> 
                <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/> 
            </controls> 
        </pages> 

If you just want to use Telerik for specific page, you can add this to the specific page instead:
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 

Kennet
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jan 2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks, but that was no solution for me.

Telerik was already in web.config under "controls"

and the second suggestion, give and error in the "control" that aspx page is not found.

Kennet
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jan 2010, 10:53 AM
So I did a new test, create new Website by "File>New>WebSite>RadControls CSharp WebSite"

Then I get a new error (se pic).

Im getting pretty frusteted now, I need this working!
Kennet
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jan 2010, 11:14 AM
OK, last error was beacurse I hade an newer Telerik.Web.UI in punlicAssembly folder.

Now to the realy strange this:

If I create a new RadWebsite, and put it in default location "C:\Users\Kennet\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\" then I UI works and I can use Rad controls.

But if I create a RadWebsite in a different location ex. "C:\C#\Websites" then I get error in UI on all Rad controls.

Why...? Userrights?  (VS2008SP1 on Windows7 32-bit)
Schlurk
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jan 2010, 03:36 PM
Just to be safe, have you attempted to remove and re-add the RadControls in the GAC? For more information refer to this article:

Add/Remove Radcontrols to the GAC

Also as a side note: Having "#" in the name of a folder can potentially screw up Visual Studio so if you have only tried placing the project in a path with "C#" in it then this might be the issue why it is not working.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kennet
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
meidianto
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kennet
Top achievements