This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Button rendering issue

10 Answers 132 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 2
Chris asked on 13 Jan 2010, 10:17 AM
When using the FormDecorator (all of the sudden) buttons on my pages are not rendering correctly, I assume it is a CSS issue.  There is a space in the button.  I'm not sure what changed to cause this issus.  Please see the attahed PNG file for an example.  Help!

Thank you in advance.

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2010, 01:54 PM
Hello Chris,

It seems that some global style is interfering with the decorated buttons, but without having a better view over your exact setup I cannot be sure.
Please open a support ticket and send us a small sample project where this issue could be reproduced - we will check it right away and do our best to help.

Best wishes,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Todd Larson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jan 2010, 05:34 PM
I am having the same issue with Button objects and the RadFormDecorator.  Attached is a snapshot with my particular issue.  This only occurs in IE (using version 7).  Buttons render fine in Chrome and Firefox.

Todd Larson
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2010, 12:10 PM
Hi Todd,

Please open a support ticket and send us a sample project where this issue could be reproduced - we will check it and get back to you with a solution. 

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Jan 2010, 05:23 PM
I should have posted the solution I used to fix this.  I'm not clear on how/what changed but I had to update one of the CSS classes for the rad button.  For the life of me I can't find/remember what I updated.  I increased some padding.  I will continue to look and when I find it update this post.

Sorry!
Todd Larson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jan 2010, 07:46 PM
I was able to get around the issue by putting the two buttons inside of a <table> tag.  I'm not sure why this would fix it, but I'm moving forward with my project.  Thanks.
Tys
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Feb 2010, 01:07 AM
Hi Everyone,

Is there a solution for this problem? I'm having similar issues. I've tried playing with button padding but that didn't fix anything, neither did the wrap-in-table trick. 
Even when no other stylesheets are involved, just a simple page with a formdecorator and a button, the problem occurs. Only in I.E. 8. All other browsers are fine. 

The only skin that does work well is the "Simple" skin. 

When i try to use the Telerik Formdecorator demo page with the same I.E. browser, the problem sometimes occurs and sometimes not.. Most of the time i can see at least one or 2 small errors with the buttons. 

Regards, Tys 
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2010, 12:11 PM
Hello Tys,

Do you experience the same problems in any of our demos? If you can't reproduce the problem there, please send us a sample project where the problem could be reproduced and we will check it right away.

Greetings,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tys
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2010, 03:34 PM
Hi Georgi, 

Last week when i wrote this post, i'd tried the telerik demo page with the same browser, just to be sure that it wasn't a problem in my own code/project. And at that time i did experience the same issues/bugs on the demo page with the radform-decorated buttons. But now i'm looking at the same demo page and also my own project and now i don't see those problems at all. 
Strange.. because i'm sure i didn't modify my browser / settings.
So, now everything seems fine, but i really don't know why these problems occurred last week and now the don't.
Hopefully the problem never comes back ;) otherwise i'll post an update here on the forum. 

Regards, Tys
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2010, 09:36 AM
Hello Tys,

It is good to know that everything is working fine now - I assume that the problem was due to some cache issue, however, I cannot be sure.

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Chang-Ping
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Apr 2011, 07:36 PM
Todd:

Your solution solved my identical issue.  Thanks!
Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
Todd Larson
Top achievements
Rank 1