This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radscheduler appointments

4 Answers 233 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
imtiyaz mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
imtiyaz mohammed asked on 07 Jul 2009, 03:52 PM
Dear All

I am getting errors when i am deleting an appointment my code and error is given below insert/update working properly but deletion is not working at all
Code C#

protected

void RadScheduler1_AppointmentDelete(object sender, SchedulerCancelEventArgs e)

{

code written for delete
}
private void InitializeComponent()

{

this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load);

this.RadScheduler1.AppointmentInsert += new AppointmentInsertEventHandler(RadScheduler1_AppointmentInsert);

this.RadScheduler1.AppointmentDelete += new AppointmentDeleteEventHandler(RadScheduler1_AppointmentDelete);

this.RadScheduler1.AppointmentUpdate += new AppointmentUpdateEventHandler(RadScheduler1_AppointmentUpdate);

this.RadScheduler1.AppointmentCreated += new AppointmentCreatedEventHandler(RadScheduler1_AppointmentCreated);

}

override

protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)

{

InitializeComponent();

base.OnInit(e);

}

Error--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/AMS_Baseline_LMS_1' Application.

Cannot locate the parent of appointment with ID = '216673'. Ensure that the parent appointment with ID = '1497' exists and is loaded.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot locate the parent of appointment with ID = '216673'. Ensure that the parent appointment with ID = '1497' exists and is loaded.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Cannot locate the parent of appointment with ID = '216673'. Ensure that the parent appointment with ID = '1497' exists and is loaded.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduling.AppointmentController.DeleteAppointment(Appointment appointmentToDelete, Boolean deleteSeries) +1218
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.ProcessPostBackCommand(SchedulerPostBackEvent postBack) +1583
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +59
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +177
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746
Error-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you rectify the error please

Regards

Imtiyaz

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Malik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Feb 2010, 02:24 PM
I am getting same error. any solution?
Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 01 Mar 2010, 04:43 PM
Hello guys,

Can anyone open a suport ticket and send us a simple working demo of the problem?

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Sendrayan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2010, 10:37 AM
When I am going to delete the series of child recurrence , the follwoing  error will occur.Please any one help me.

Cannot locate the parent of appointment with ID = '31'. Ensure that the parent appointment with ID = '29' exists and is loaded.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot locate the parent of appointment with ID = '31'. Ensure that the parent appointment with ID = '29' exists and is loaded.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Cannot locate the parent of appointment with ID = '31'. Ensure that the parent appointment with ID = '29' exists and is loaded.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduling.AppointmentController.DeleteAppointment(Appointment appointmentToDelete, Boolean deleteSeries) +455
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.DeleteAppointment(Appointment appointmentToDelete) +107
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.ProcessPostBackCommand(SchedulerPostBackEvent postBack) +2397
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +108
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +39
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927
Minculescu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Nov 2012, 09:47 AM
I got the same error when trying to delete an appointment that was an exception from a recurring appointment. The problem was that the master appointment was not loaded because when populating the scheduler I filtered it too much (by using the ExpandRecurrence method, and getting back only the occurrences or non-recurring appointments between certain hours on a day).
My solution was to change the visible part of the scheduler to those hours instead of filtering the appointments when getting them from the database.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
imtiyaz mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Malik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter
Telerik team