This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2011 Q1 problem

3 Answers 62 Views
FileExplorer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Olli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Olli asked on 21 Mar 2011, 07:36 AM
Hello

I installed the new 2011 Q1 telerik dll and now radfileexplorer dosent work. If I build a webpage only containing radscriptmanager and the fileexplorer like this:
<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
  <Scripts>
    <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
    <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
  </Scripts>
</telerik:RadScriptManager>
<div>
<telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="fileexplorer1" runat="server" Width="500" Height="500"></telerik:RadFileExplorer>
</div>

I get this error:

No property or field 'error' exists in type 'DataRowView'

What could be the reason for this?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2011, 09:15 AM
Hi Olli,

We are not aware of such problem and you are the first one to report it. I tried to reproduce this issue with the provided sample code but to no avail. Could you please provide more detailed information on the specific scenario? Are you using a custom filebrowser content provider? How do you set the ViewPaths / DeletePaths / UploadPaths properties?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
Olli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Mar 2011, 09:58 AM
Im using the file explorer to manage small image and document banks. The fileexplorer does not use any custom content provider and I set the View, Delete and Upload paths in codebehind at pageload.

For troubleshooting this problem I biulded a test page containen this code:
<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="testi.aspx.vb" Inherits="testi" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        <Scripts>
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
        </Scripts>
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <div>
        <telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="fileexplorer1" runat="server" Width="500" Height="500"></telerik:RadFileExplorer>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

And this codebehind:

Partial Class testi
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

End Class

With our old version 2010.1.309.35 of telerik I get i nice empty FileExplorer show in the png image but when I use the newest version I only get the error page.
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2011, 09:51 AM
Hi Olli,

I am not quite sure what is causing the problem on your end. In the provided screenshot I noticed that the columns of Grid does not have their standard names. Do you have any globalization applied to the application in the web.config? Could you please provide a sample fully runnable project reproducing the problem so we can investigate it further?

All the best,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
Tags
FileExplorer
Asked by
Olli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team