This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2008 Q3 SP1 or AutoTooltipify="false" breaks html tags?

5 Answers 63 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tangium
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tangium asked on 08 Dec 2008, 01:09 PM
Hi,
I did search first but don't seem to find any references to this... I upgraded asp.net controls to 2008 Q3 SP1 (within VB .NET in VS 2008) and found the html tags within tooltips now all show directly instead of being used; ie it shows the tags:

<p><strong>bold text</strong></p>

instead of:

bold text

I had to add AutoTooltipify="true" to make it work again. This is in my revised Site.Master:
<telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadToolTipManager999" runat="server" Sticky="true" Width="400px" ContentScrolling="Auto" AutoTooltipify="true" />

false = shows html source tags literally
true = shows browser-friendly html

I'm setting it to true to keep it working so more of an FYI but seems like a problem?

Guy

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 11 Dec 2008, 08:09 AM
Hi Scush,

The RadToolTipManager's Autotooltipify property used to have true as its default value. However, because of many customers requests it was changed to false and I assume that most probably that is what causes the difference in the behavior on your side after you have upgraded. This being said, in order to get the Autotooltipify functionality, you should explicitly set the property to true which was not necessary in older versions.

Kind regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tangium
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Dec 2008, 10:58 AM
Hi,

Thanks for replying although you completely missed both my question and the subject line?!?

When it is set to False (or not set at all), all the html tags in the tooltip break and show literally.

When it is set to True, the html tags work fine as they did before.

Why does false EXPOSE THE HTML TAGS?

How do I set it to false AND have html tags work correctly?

Guy
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2008, 09:51 AM
Hi Scush,

I am not able to understand the problem - the RadToolTipManager's Autotooltipify behavior has not been changed and I cannot assume what change you mean. The only change was in the default value of the property and that is why I thought that it might be the reason for the problem.. Would you please prepare a sample, fully runnable reproduction demo project, open a new support ticket and send it to me along with detailed explanations and some screenshots? Please, also include information of the dll version it used to work as you expect and I will make it work in the same manner as it used to with the latest version for you.

Greetings,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tangium
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Dec 2008, 01:02 PM
No, I don't have the time nor is it my job to test and demonstrate your software for you. If this isn't just an isolated problem in my environment only, then it's extremely easy for you to duplicate using the example details I already provided in my first post.

Good luck.
Tervel
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2008, 01:14 PM
Hi Scush,

Before we wrote back to you, we tested using the information provided by you, and were not able to reproduce any problem.

Hence, if there is still a problem that you have not been able to resolve, the best way to continue would be to send us a sample page, an online URL or something where the problem can be demonstrated.

Best regards,
Tervel
the Telerik team

Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
Tangium
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Tangium
Top achievements
Rank 1