This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Design Tool Colors in VS 2008

2 Answers 38 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve asked on 05 Jan 2009, 02:02 AM
I have a visual disability that limits my sight to white text on a black background.  I can also see other high contrast colors, as long as they are on a dark background.  I just recently purchased and started using the RadControls for WinForms.  My computer’s Display Properties are set for an appearance and color scheme of “High Contrast Black”.  This setting work fine in Visual Studio 2008, all the views and property pages show with high contrast white text on a black background with white grid lines when present – I can see everything just fine.  My problem if with the Telerik extensions to Visual Studio where property / design pages open-up with a “Vista” like color theme of a white background and white text – even if the text was black I still could not see it on the bright white background.  Is there any way to re-color the Telerik design pages to follow the windows color scheme?  Or maybe force them to other colors?  My OS is Windows 2003 server.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jan 2009, 01:32 PM
Hi Steve,

I have checked the current state and you are correct. VSB, Edit UI Elements, and grid Property Builder all override the default settings by using a custom theme. I have logged the issue in our bug system and we are going to address it.

Greetings,
Nick
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jan 2009, 03:32 AM
Thanks Nick,

This is kind of a show stopper for me.

Thanks Again.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Steve
Top achievements