This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with Rad Editor

3 Answers 91 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
vikram
Top achievements
Rank 1
vikram asked on 04 Dec 2008, 05:18 AM
Hello,

i have used radtabstrip along with radmultiview in that i have two page views. In one page view i have four textboxes out of which two textboxes of width set as percentages and the remaining width set as pixels and also i have radeditor in it whose width is set in percentages and in another page view i have a checkbox and rad grid. One more important things is that i placed my multiview inside a radpane of radsplitter control and in another radpane i have user control. i have a splitter which divides this two rad panes. when the splitter is clicked its suppress to right rad pane where user control is placed. My problem is when page is loaded first i see the first page view (i.e) the page view which contains four textboxes and one rad editor which gets populated contains. when i changed to page view two and click on checkbox which performs a client side validation and auto post back the page in client side using _autoPostbacl(',') event. after which when i go back to previous page view (i.e) initial page view one which contains four textboxes and one radeditor its gets disburbed like textboxes with percentages expands and also the rad editor contains doesn't show up properly (i.e) it is not visible properly. In this regard i need very urgent help. what could be the problem and how to resolve this issue. One more important point is that this page is loaded in rad window. Need help very urgently....................

Thanks.
R. Vikram Goud

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tervel
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2008, 02:50 PM
Hello Vikram,

I am not sure what editor version you are using (whether it is the latest Q3 2008 SP1) or an older one.
I am also not sure whether you use AJAX to load pages of the RadMultiPage.

My suggestion is to set the following

1. Set ShowContentDuringLoad = true to the RadWindow
2. Register the CSS for the RadEditor manually on the page (in case that you are using AJAX)
This help article discusses how to do it:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/editor-dialogscssfile.html

These are two scenarios that in some cases can bring about visual problems.

Kind regards,
Tervel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
vikram
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2008, 05:02 AM
Hello Tervel.

I am using ajax to load multipage view and also i am using latest version of rad controls. i am unable to figure out what exactly problem is with having radsplitter controls pane set to percentages. when i do autopostback then the controls (i,e) editor and textboxes gets disturbed (i perform autopost back from javascript after a checkbox is checked which is in another pageview and textboxes and editor in separate pageview). In this regard i need help. I get same problem when i view pageview two instead of pageview one in which textboxes and radeditor is present. when i go back to pageview one i see the same problem. Need help very urgently.

Thanks & Regards,

R. Vikram Goud.
Tervel
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2008, 10:04 AM
Hello Vikram,

To help you further in this scenario, I ask you to open a support ticket and send us a fully-runnable working project, steps to reproduce the problem as well as a couple of screenshots. Once we reproduce the issue locally we will provide you with explanation of what is causing the problem and how it can be fixed.

Best regards,
Tervel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
vikram
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tervel
Telerik team
vikram
Top achievements
Rank 1