This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot find a string resource with key 'ClearClass' in App_GlobalResources/RadEditor.Main.resx

5 Answers 120 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
-DJ-
Top achievements
Rank 1
-DJ- asked on 24 Oct 2008, 03:14 PM
Hi,

Can I find documentation on changes in the resx files somewhere? It's a huge timesaver for those who do localize the editor if there is a changelog available of these files, so we don't have to translate each file from top to bottom every time there is a new release.

Please say yes! :)

Regards,
-DJ-

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2008, 03:48 PM
Hi -DJ-,

Usually, we provide information about changes in the resx files in What's New, but it is possible that sometimes some changes are not documented.

That is why my suggestion is to use some free diff & compare tool like WinMerge and compare the new and old files. It is very good and will show you the removed and added strings right away.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
-DJ-
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks Rumen, will take a look at WinMerge.

Regards,
-DJ-
Gary Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Dec 2008, 02:18 PM
I got this error in migrating an app to use the new ASP.NET AJAX RadEditor. Is there a solution or explanation?

Thanks,
Gary Davis
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 04 Dec 2008, 03:44 PM
Hi Gary,

You should make sure that the \App_GlobalResources\RadEditor.Main.resx file contains a ClearClass name value. For your convenience I have attached the latest Q3 SP1 version of RadEditor.Main.resx file which you can use.

If you still experience any problems, please open a support ticket and send a sample working project that demonstrates the issue. I will examine the project, find the problem and provide a solution after that.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Gary Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Dec 2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks,

Problem resolved.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
-DJ-
Top achievements
Rank 1