This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

100% radgrid with scrolling/paging inside radpane/tabstrip

5 Answers 179 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
first last
Top achievements
Rank 1
first last asked on 13 Aug 2008, 12:31 PM
Hi,

I have the same scenario as http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/submission/b311D-bkbkkd.aspx except that i have the grid inside a radtabstrip.

pseudo:

<splitter>
  <pane>
    <tabstrip>
      <multipageview>
        <pageview1>
        <grid>

if i do what's in the link, it works except that the paging and a little bit of a row is missing at the bottom. The reason for this is that the tabs [ blah ] [blah2] takes up a height. If i use firebug to remove the tabs, it displays correctly.

Any solutions to this? Thank you

Regards
Kjartan

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Kjartan,

You can place the TabStrip in a separate splitter pane. In this way RadGrid will have an entire splitter pane for itself and will occupy 100% of the pane's height.

Greetings,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
first last
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2008, 10:33 PM
Thank you very much, that worked as expected except for one small detail, if i do a splitter with two panes, one with the radtabstrip and one with the multiview, do i have to explicitly set the height of the one with radtabstrip in it? if not it divides it 50 - 50.
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 14 Aug 2008, 01:02 PM
Hello Kjartan,

Yes, indeed, it is better to set width for the TabStrip pane explicitly.

Greetings,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Bart Reekmans
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jul 2012, 11:15 AM
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem.

This is the code of my page (inherits from a Master page) : 

<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder2" runat="Server">
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function onTabSelecting(sender, args) {
            if (args.get_tab().get_pageViewID()) {
                args.get_tab().set_postBack(false);
            }
        }
    </script>
    <telerik:RadSplitter runat="server" ID="RadSplitter1" Width="100%" Height="100%"
        BorderSize="0" BorderStyle="None" PanesBorderSize="0" Orientation="Horizontal">
        <telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="navigationPane">
            <telerik:RadTabStrip OnClientTabSelecting="onTabSelecting" ID="RadTabStrip1"
                SelectedIndex="0" CssClass="tabStrip" runat="server" MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1"
                OnTabClick="RadTabStrip1_TabClick" Orientation="HorizontalTop">
            </telerik:RadTabStrip>
        </telerik:RadPane>
        <telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="contentPane">
            <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0" OnPageViewCreated="RadMultiPage1_PageViewCreated">
            </telerik:RadMultiPage>
        </telerik:RadPane>
    </telerik:RadSplitter>
</asp:Content>

The RadMultipage1-control loads usercontrols (which only contain a radgrid) on demand (just like the example in the demos)
Setting the height of the "navigationPane" explicitly (e.g. 30px) does noet solve the problem : the radgrid shows a scrollbar, but does not occupy the complete height of the contentpane?

Any advice on this?
Galin
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2012, 12:18 PM
Hello Chris,

I just have tested your scenario and it works as expected. For reference I am sending a sample page. Please check it out and let me know if I have missed something important.

Greetings,
Galin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
first last
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
first last
Top achievements
Rank 1