This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to ScrollIntoView() a row of a child grid?

1 Answer 16 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Boardy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Boardy asked on 11 Feb 2014, 01:03 PM
I have a grid with 2 subgrids. This hierachy is defined in the xaml with the ChildTableDefinitions property. The child grids have
grd.MaxHeight = double.PositiveInfinity;
in order to avoid a clutter of scrollbars. Also row virtualization has been turned off for as well the main grid as the child grids.

Now I'm implementing a refresh operation. During this, I want to reselect the item that was selected before the refresh was started (there is only one item selected in all these grids). I do this by expanding the appropriate rows until I reach the grid with the item to be selected. Then I set that grid's SelectedItem property.

So far so good. Well... For obvious reasons I want to scroll the selected item back into view. When the selected row was in the main grid, I can just perform a
grd.ScrollIntoView(objSel);
with objSel being a refreshed object. But when I do this for a childgrid, nothing happens. I presume because the child grid doesn't have a scrollbar and as far as this grid is concerned, the selected row is in view.

Also when I try
grdMain.ScrollIntoView(objSel);
nothing happens. I guess because objSel is not in the ItemsSource of the main grid (I didn't expect it to work, but I had to try). Also
grd.BringIntoView();
did not work out.

So I wonder what is a correct approach to scroll the selected item of a childgrid into view.

Thanks in advance,
   Herre

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 17 Feb 2014, 12:41 PM
Hi Herre,

I would suggest you to check this forum thread where this question has already been discussed.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Yoan
Telerik

Check out the new Telerik Platform - the only modular platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native apps. Register for the free online keynote and webinar to learn more about the Platform on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT).

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Boardy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Yoan
Telerik team
Share this question
or