This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

"-373.6689987182617 is not a valid value for Int32"

8 Answers 1602 Views
TabStrip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nels
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nels asked on 16 Jun 2015, 04:22 PM

The issue occurs on Android > Chrome when I drag the tab strip over to access another tab (e.g. "Tab 5") and then tap to select that tab. The issue does not occur if I use the right arrow button on the tab strip to scroll over (rather than drag the tab strip with my finger).

Possibly related threads:

http://www.telerik.com/forums/dynamically-loaded-tabs-scrollchildren-=-error

http://www.telerik.com/forums/problem-after-postback-when-tabs-are-created-at-client-side

My user agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.1.1; Nexus 4 Build/LMY47V) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.78 Mobile Safari/537.36

Telerik version: Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2014 SP1

I reported the same or similar issue for IE11 (not Android > Chrome) in December 2013, and I think that issue was subsequently fixed. However the above issue is occurring in Android > Chrome.

A sample to demonstrate the issue:

Default.aspx:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<html>
<head>
    <title></title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; user-scalable=1;"/><style type="text/css">
/*.rtsOut{
 width: 100px;
}*/
</style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server" ID="RadScriptManager1" />
        <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1" ScrollChildren="true">
            <Tabs>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 1" runat="server" Value="Tab1" PageViewID="pv1"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="A Much Longer Tab Label" runat="server" Value="Tab2" PageViewID="pv2"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 3" runat="server" Value="Tab3" PageViewID="pv3"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 4" runat="server" Value="Tab4" PageViewID="pv4"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 5" runat="server" Value="Tab5" PageViewID="pv5"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 6" runat="server" Value="Tab6" PageViewID="pv6"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 7" runat="server" Value="Tab7" PageViewID="pv7"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 8" runat="server" Value="Tab8" PageViewID="pv8"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 9" runat="server" Value="Tab9" PageViewID="pv9"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 10" runat="server" Value="Tab10" PageViewID="pv10"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 11" runat="server" Value="Tab11" PageViewID="pv11"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 12" runat="server" Value="Tab12" PageViewID="pv12"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 13" runat="server" Value="Tab13" PageViewID="pv13"></telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab 14" runat="server" Value="Tab14" PageViewID="pv14"></telerik:RadTab>
            </Tabs>
        </telerik:RadTabStrip>
        <telerik:RadMultiPage runat="server" ID="RadMultiPage1">
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv1"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv2"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv3"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv4"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv5"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv6"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv7"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv8"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv9"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv10"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv11"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv12"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv13"></telerik:RadPageView>
            <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="pv14"></telerik:RadPageView>
        </telerik:RadMultiPage>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Default.aspx.vb:

Imports Telerik.Web.UIPartial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.PageProtected Sub RadTabStrip1_TabClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RadTabStripEventArgs) Handles RadTabStrip1.TabClick
End SubEnd Class

Below is a copy of the message I sent to Telerik in December 2013:

====================

Attached is an example of the issue. We have tab labels that don't have a width defined, so they get auto-resized based on the width of the label. (This is apparently a built-in feature of the browser, HTML, CSS, Telerik, and/or whatever.) If you resize your browser window so that not all tab labels are visible and then you scroll all the way to the right end of the tab strip and then click the last tab, then an error like the following occurs: "-456.32000000000016 is not a valid value for Int32."

If you change the width of your browser window and then try again, then the number shown is different, so it apparently has something to do with the width of the browser window. For example: "-228.32000000000016 is not a valid value for Int32"

In the attached example if you uncomment the following then the issue doesn't occur:
/*.rtsOut{
width: 100px;
}*/

However not all of our tab labels are the same width, and I don't want to have to manually define the width of each tab label based on the length of each label. (This might require me to adjust manual widths for different browsers/devices if they are rendered differently due to different font sizes or whatever.) By the way setting the width to 100px across the board (by uncommenting the above CSS) causes the second tab label ("A Much Longer Tab Label") to be truncated to something like "A Much Longer Tal".

I suspect that this issue is related to the following:

#1: "Q3 2013 SP1 (version 2013.3.1114)", release history (http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/whats-new/release-history/q3-2013-sp1-version-2013-3-1114.aspx ) , TabStrip: "Fixed: In IE11 the width of the RadTabs is not calculated properly when scrolling is enabled."

(I'm using version 2013.3.1114.45, so I apparently already have the fix to the IE11 issue quoted above from the release history for Q3 2013 SP1.)

#2: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/tabstrip/hey-guys-please-help-me-about-radtabstrip-in-ie11.aspx

=====================

Their response included the following: "We have inspected the provided web application and reproduced the problem locally. This issue happens when the ScrollChildren property is true, TabClick server event is attached and tabstrip width is smaller."

Thanks.

Nels

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2015, 11:23 AM
Hello Nels,

The reported issue is a known one. Fortunately, it has already been fixed and it is no longer reproducible with our latest version. You may download a free trial and test it on your side.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Nels
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2015, 03:03 PM

Hi Dimitar,

Thanks for the information.

Since my subscription has expired, I think upgrading would require me to purchase a year of updates ($999 per a look at http://www.telerik.com/purchase/individual/aspnet-ajax.aspx ). Therefore I'm wondering if there is a work-around that might work in my current version, perhaps similar to the workarounds that Hristo Valyavicharski provided in http://www.telerik.com/forums/system-formatexception-78e82e51af27 for RadScheduler, RadTreeView, and RadListBox for the same or similar issue ("... is not a valid value for Int32").

Here is part of what Hristo Valyavicharski posted in that thread:

=================

Here are the workarounds for:

RadScheduler:
<script type="text/javascript">    Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.prototype.saveClientState = function () {        return '{"scrollTop":' + Math.round(this._scrollTop) + ',"scrollLeft":' + Math.round(this._scrollLeft) + ',"isDirty":' + this._isDirty + '}';    }</script>

RadTreeView:

=================

Thanks.

Nels

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2015, 07:17 AM
Hi Nels,

Unfortunately, there is no such workaround available for the RadTabStrip. Upgrading your subscription would not only provide you a fix for this issue, but you would have several new controls and adaptive render mode for RadEditor and RadImageGallery, as well as a whole lightweight suite of controls in Q3 2015. You may check our Release History, Roadmap and the Better UX and Performance in Q3 2015 blog post for further reference.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Khaled
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Nov 2016, 11:35 AM

Dear Sirs,

During postback an unknown error shows as attached. Some other users say that when pressing submit no error shows but also the submit doesn't complete.

Also attached my telerik version.

So please help solving this issue as this is affecting our customer

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 09 Nov 2016, 09:06 AM
Hello,

I am afraid that the information provided is insufficient to say what exactly is causing the issue. It may be related to the one discussed in the following thread or the following public portal item. As both issues are fixed in our latest version, I would suggest you to use our free trial to check if the issue persist after upgrade. If it is still reproducible, it would be helpful if you open a support ticket and provide an isolated runnable sample project with steps to reproduce the issue on our side. Thus we would be able to track down the issue cause.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik by Progress
Check out the new UI for ASP.NET Core, the most complete UI suite for ASP.NET Core development on the market, with 60+ tried-and-tested widgets, based on Kendo UI.
Mehmet
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jan 2018, 11:59 AM

Hi,

The specified error message occurs when TreeView needs to be scrolled.

Adding the JavaScript code below will solve your problem. I met the same mistake and called for a long time. It will benefit the callers.

Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeView.prototype.saveClientState = function () {
                return "{\"expandedNodes\":" + this._expandedNodesJson +
                ",\"collapsedNodes\":" + this._collapsedNodesJson +
                ",\"logEntries\":" + this._logEntriesJson +
                ",\"selectedNodes\":" + this._selectedNodesJson +
                ",\"checkedNodes\":" + this._checkedNodesJson +
                ",\"scrollPosition\":" + Math.round(this._scrollPosition) + "}";
            }

King Regards

Mehmet K.

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2018, 12:35 PM

I'm upgrading a legacy app that uses Telerik controls.  My error is similar: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: 488.888916015625 is not a valid value for Int32.at Function.H.w.create (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?.."

If it is a known issue as you say why should anyone have to pay to get it fixed.  it should be fixed as part of a service pack if it's a known problem.

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2018, 01:25 PM
Hi David,

There were such issues when zoomed browsers started returning floating point values instead of integers for pixels and we have fixed all such known issues. This means that you can use the latest release and this should be fixed. If you still see an issue, I encourage you to post a small repro here or in a private ticket.

You may also find useful the information on how bug fixes are implemented and for which releases that is available in the following article: https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/licensing/old-versions-support-policy.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
TabStrip
Asked by
Nels
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Nels
Top achievements
Rank 1