Kendo UI for Vue DropDownList Overview
The KendoVue DropDownList is a form component that lets you choose a single predefined value from a list and is a richer version of the
<select> element and supports filtering, default items, and virtualization.
The KendoVue DropDownList component is part of the KendoVue library of Vue UI components. It is distributed through NPM under the kendo-vue-dropdowns package.
The following example demonstrates the DropDownList in action.
- Value and data binding
- Default item
- Custom rendering
- Floating labels
- Forms support
- Common scenarios
- Keyboard navigation
The DropDownList provides events which:
The following example demonstrates basic DropDownList events.
By default, you can select a DropDownList item by pressing a keyboard key. For example, if the DropDownList items are
Baz and the user presses the
B letter key, based on the alphabetical order of the items, the keypress selects the first item which starts with a
The keyboard selection is available only if the filtering functionality is disabled.
- DropDownList Homepage
- API Reference of the DropDownList Component
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Vue - TypeScript (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Vue - TypeScript + Options API (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Vue - Nuxt 3 (Online Guide)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Course for Registered Users)
- DropDownList Forum
- Knowledge Base
- Kendo UI Productivity Tools extension for VS Code