Angular Utilities Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular Utilities deliver a Drag and Drop functionality that can be used with Angular components or regular HTML elements to enhance their performance and functionality.
The Drag and Drop is built from the ground up and specifically for Angular, so that you get high-performance controls which integrate tightly with your application and with the rest of the Kendo UI for Angular components.
The Kendo UI for Angular Utilities deliver a range of handy and developer-friendly features whose number and further development are not limited by the list in this section. The Kendo UI for Angular team constantly invests efforts to improve the performance and add more value to the existing Utilities library as well as develop new features and controls to it.
DragTarget directive turns any HTML element or Angular component in a draggable item. This enables the user to change the position of the element by dragging it. The
DragTarget can also be dropped on any
A valid drop target is any HTML element or Angular component with
DropTarget directive allows for any HTML element or Angular component to handle drag targets that dropped on it. The directive emits a number of events when a valid drag target interacts with it. This enables you to execute custom logic and fine tune the behavior.
DragTargetContainer directive is an extended
DragTarget directive. It enables you to configure multiple elements within а container as drag targets. Thе directive is also suitable when the drag target elements are not accessible in the template.
DropTargetContainer directive is an extended
DropTarget directive. It enables you to configure multiple elements within the container as drop targets. This directive is also suitable when the drop target elements are not accessible in the template.
The Kendo UI for Angular Utility controls are part of the Kendo UI for Angular library. Kendo UI for Angular offers a 30-day trial with a full-featured version of the library—no restrictions! What’s more, you are eligible for full technical support during your trial period in case you have any questions. To sign up for a free 30-day trial, go here.
For any questions about the use of Kendo UI for Angular Utilities, or any of our other components, there are several support options available:
- Kendo UI license holders and anyone in an active trial can take advantage of the Kendo UI for Angular outstanding customer support delivered by the actual developers who built the library. To submit a support ticket, use the Kendo UI support system.
- Kendo UI for Angular forums are part of the free support you can get from the community and from the Kendo UI team on all kinds of general issues.
- Kendo UI for Angular feedback portal and Kendo UI for Angular roadmap provide information on the features in discussion and also the planned ones for release.
- Kendo UI for Angular uses GitHub Issues as its bug tracker and you can submit any related reports there. Also, check out the closed list.
- Of course, the Kendo UI for Angular team is active on StackOverflow as well and you can find a wealth of questions and answers there.
- Need something unique that is tailor-made for your project? Progress offers its Progress Services group that can work with you to create any customized solution that you might need.
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Utilities
- API Reference of the Utilities
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- Kendo UI for Angular Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base