Kendo UI for Angular Upload Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular Upload component helps users to send files from their file systems to dedicated server handlers which are configured to receive them. Once the files have been selected they are send to the server through a request.
The following example demonstrates the Upload in action.
- File processing—The Upload delivers a number of options when processing the files for upload such as uploading single and multiple files, uploading files in chunks and batches of files, and more.
- Batch upload—The batch upload feature of the Upload component enables you to show files, which were selected at once, as a single file-list item and upload them in a single POST request.
- Chunk upload—The chunk upload feature of the Upload component enables you to split files into chunks and send them asynchronously through multiple requests to the server
- Action buttons—The Upload enables you to render action buttons and customize their layout.
- Forms support—You can use the Upload both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Model binding—The Upload provides settings for binding its value to the model and render initial files by using the
- Disabled Upload—You can use the configuration options of the Upload to disable the component so that users are not able to interact with it.
- File restrictions—The Upload also delivers a set of file restriction rules, which refer to the size and extension of the files for upload.
- External dropzone—The Upload provides options to the users for dragging and dropping files from their files systems to a dedicated user interface by using the External DropZone Component or by adding the External DropZone Directive.
- Templates—You can either fully customize the Upload file list by using the File template, or customize part of its elements by utilizing the File Info template.
- Credentials and additional data—The Upload allows you to decide whether to send cookies and headers for cross-site requests or additional data during the upload or removal of files.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Uploads provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The Upload is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
- Keyboard navigation—The FileSelect supports a number of keyboard shortcuts for processing various commands.