The Grid provides options for exporting its data to Excel.
To enable the Excel export, import the ExcelModule and add the
kendo-grid-excel component to the Kendo UI Grid for Angular. To initiate the export, use the
kendoGridExcelCommand directive or the
With regard to its Excel export, the Grid enables you to:
- Export specific data
- Export master-detail Grids
- Customize the exported columns
- Customize the exported workbooks
- Trigger the export externally
- Make groups collapsible
By default, the Grid exports its current data. To export data that is different from the current Grid data, specify a custom
fetchData function. It returns an
ExcelExportData value or array. The
allData() method takes a collection of data—typically, but not mandatory, the same collection to which the Grid is bound—processes it (for example, applies or removes paging, filtering, sorting, and so on), and uses the resulting object to create the workbook.
If the export data needs to be asynchronously loaded, you can return an
Observable or a
Promise which will be resolved with the data that is exported.
When you export a Grid which contains a detail template to Excel, the content of the template is not exported in the generated Excel document. To export the template content to Excel, handle the
excelExport event of the Kendo UI Grid for Angular and modify the created workbook so that the data for the detail Grids is integrated in the exported document.
The following example demonstrates how to perform the custom logic for retrieving the data for all detail Grids and append it to the original workbook.
By default, the Grid exports its current columns. To export columns that are different from the current Grid columns, include the
<kendo-excelexport-column-group> components inside the
excelExport event allows you to customize the generated Excel document. The workbook event argument exposes the generated Excel workbook configuration.
The Grid enables you to trigger the export operation by calling the
- During the export to Excel, the cell and detail column templates of the Grid are not evaluated. Instead, the Grid exports only the data and the field value is serialized to preserve the type information. To tweak the cell content, use an accessor or transform the data in advance.
- During the export to Excel, the Grid does not use column formats. Column formats are incompatible with Excel. For more information, refer to the page on the Excel-supported formats.
- The Grid does not export its detail template to Excel. The reason for this behavior is that the detail template might contain arbitrary HTML which cannot be converted to Excel column values.
- The maximum size of the exported file to Excel has a system-specific limit. For large data sets, it is highly recommended that you use a server-side solution.
- When you export the Grid to Excel in older browsers, such as Internet Explorer 9 and Safari, you have to implement a server proxy. For more information, refer to the