Kendo UI for Angular AutoComplete Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular AutoComplete is a form component that provides suggestions depending on the typed text.
It is a richer version of the
<input> element and supports data binding, filtering, and templates.
The following example demonstrates the AutoComplete in action.
- Data binding—You can bind the AutoComplete to a list of possible values containing arrays of primitive or complex data.
- Value binding—The AutoComplete enables you to set its value to arrays of primitive data.
- Filtering—Apart from its default filter functionality, the AutoComplete provides options for setting a minimum length of the search symbols and a built-in filter directive.
- Grouping—You can group AutoComplete items and display them as a grouped result.
- Virtualization—The AutoComplete supports a virtualization mechanism which noticeably improves the performance of the component when it handles large datasets.
- Disabled items—You can disable any of the AutoComplete items and prevent users from interacting with them.
- Suggestions—The AutoComplete renders suggestions which appear while the user types in the input field and also provides ways for controlling the behavior of the suggestion list such as preventing its opening and closing, and managing the focus of the displayed suggestion items.
- Templates—You can customize the content of the AutoComplete by using templates for its items, header, footer, and other elements.
- Forms support—You can use the AutoComplete both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The AutoComplete is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
- Keyboard navigation—The AutoComplete supports a number of keyboard shortcuts for processing various commands.