Kendo UI for Angular Chip Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular Chip allows users to enter information, make selections, filter content, or trigger actions.
The Chip represents a complex piece of information in a compact form&mdah;for example, an entity that can be a person, a place, or a thing. The component can be clicked or removed and supports various styling options. The Chip is commonly used in email templates where each chip is a single person.
The following example demonstrates the Chip in action.
- Content—You can specify the content of the Chip by passing a string or using custom configuration options.
- Sets of Chip for different use cases—Depending on your requirements, you can implement different sets of Chips for displaying complex information in a compact form such as filters for a collection, multiple chips with multiple selection options, text entries that can be dynamically added or removed by the user, and more.
- Customization—You can add a Select or Remove custom icon to the Chip as well as display avatars in it.
- Appearance—The Chip delivers ready-to-use, predefined sets of styling options.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Buttons provide globalization options.
To learn more about the appearance, anatomy, and accessibility of the Chip, visit the Progress Design System documentation—an information portal offering rich component usage guidelines, descriptions of the available style variables, and globalization support details.
Support and Learning Resources
- Chip Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Buttons
- API Reference of the Chip
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- Chip Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base