This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

You can´t add a refernece to Telerik.Window.Controls

1 Answer 105 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
dirk binternagel
Top achievements
Rank 1
dirk binternagel asked on 21 May 2010, 02:17 PM
Hello ... be patient with me. I´m more of an front-end person, not much of a hard-core programmer.

So, I´m supposed to evaluate the WPF controls to use for our software ... meaning basically when I can get it to work, then it should be easy to use ... I´m just going nuts here because of an issue I get when trying to follow those tutorials ... for example I tried to follow the online tutorial for RadMap ... when I try to add the reference in the Silverlight project I get ....

"You can´t add a refernece to Telerik.Window.Controls.DataVisualistion.dll as it was not built against Silverlight runtime. Silverlight projects will only work with Silverlight assemblies"

The thing is that I have very limited rights on my computer, for every install or un-install or whatever, I have to get our IT-guys involved, and that can mean I have to wait for hours or days.

Installed RadControls for WPF Trial. Visual Studio 2008 Sp 1, .Net 3.5 Sp1, Tried it with Silverlight Tools 2 and Silverlight Tools 3.

What am I missing ?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks d.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
answered on 21 May 2010, 05:23 PM
Hi dirk binternagel,

WPF and Silverlight are two distinct technologies. That's why we ship two versions of our controls, for Silverlight and for WPF. I presume you want to use Silverlight.

I am sending you a zipped version of our trial assemblies for Silverlight 3. However, I recommend that you download and install the Silverlight package from our site, as it contains valuable help, demos and samples, as well as the assemblies and Visual Studio integration.

Sincerely yours,
Yavor Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
dirk binternagel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
Share this question
or