This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

WPF report viewer is crashing in Q1 2016

6 Answers 77 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Patrick asked on 14 Jan 2016, 03:31 PM

Hello,

I have a WPF application that runs correctly... until I updated to Telerik Reporting Q1 2016.

Now, evey time I try to preview a report, I have an InvalidOperationException, with the following message:
Layout measurement override of element 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.Primitives.LayoutTransformControl' should not return NaN values as its DesiredSize.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jan 2016, 05:29 PM
Hello Patrick,

Please check if Telerik UI for WPF is upgraded along with Telerik Reporting - Q1 2016: WPF Report Viewer Dependencies.

If the upgrade does not affect the issue, please open a support ticket and send us a runnable demo project which we can test locally.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 15 Jan 2016, 01:29 PM

Hi Stef,
thank you for your answer.

It seems that my application is using the latest version of Reporting and UI for WPF, as you can see in the enclosed screen shot, that lists all the Telerik assemblies in my application.

I've make more tests against this problem:

1. Reporting 10.0.16.113 and UI 2016.1.112: crash
  2. Reporting 9.2 15.1126 and UI 2016.1.112: crash
  3. Reporting 10.0.16.113 and UI 2015.3.1104: work.
  4. Reporting 9.2.15.1126 and UI 2015.3.1104: work

So it really seems that the problem is with the new version of UI for WPF...

I think that you have enough information now to duplicate the problem. If not, I can upload my application (in Oxygene), so you can try with it.

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jan 2016, 05:19 PM
Hi Patrick,

Due to the dependencies between Telerik Reporting and Telerik UI for WPF:
  1. Reporting 9.2.15.1126 and UI for WPF 2015.3.1104.40 - should work without binding redirects for UI for WPF assemblies;
  2. Reporting 10.0.16.113 and UI for WPF 2016.1.112.40 - should work without binding redirects for UI for WPF assemblies;

The rest combinations use mixed Q releases and may lead to unexpected results.

We tested to reproduce the problem with the local WPF demo to no avail. We will appreciate it of you open a support ticket and send us the demo project as an attachment.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 18 Jan 2016, 06:59 AM

Hello Stef,
support ticket 1002464.

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jan 2016, 12:14 PM
Hi,

For anyone interested, below is quote from my last response in the mentioned support ticket #1002464.
"We managed to reproduce the problem in an isolated project with some of the themes (Office2013), when the viewer is added in a grid without defined rows and columns dimensions (which appears to be the problem).

The issue will be investigated in cooperation with Telerik UI for WPF team and may take more time for resolving. Until there is a fix, the old themes of Telerik UI for WPF work as expected with Telerik Reporting viewers.
"

In addition, the issue occurs when we use the XAML files of the latest Q1 2016 Telerik UI for WPF (tested with Telerik Reporting Q1 2016 and Q3 SP2 2015).

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2016, 05:13 PM
Hi,

For anyone interested, one more update:
"We will add a change in Telerik Reporting, most probably in the next Service Pack release. When it is available, Telerik Control Panel will inform you. You can also check if the release is out on our Release History page.

To upgrade, you will have to update only Telerik Reporting assemblies, and the viewer's XAML files (Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.xaml) per theme."

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team