WPF: RadPdfViewerNavigationPane not shown

0 Answers 60 Views
PDFViewer
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Axel asked on 18 Jul 2022, 01:31 PM

The NavigationPane is not shown in the following example.

I "almost" follewed the description. I removed DataContext to get my pdf file rendered.

<Grid

<Grid.RowDefinitions> <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/> <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/> <RowDefinition/> </Grid.RowDefinitions>

<telerik:RadPdfViewerToolBar RadPdfViewer="{Binding ElementName=pdfViewer, Mode=OneTime}"/> <Grid Grid.Row="2"> <Grid.ColumnDefinitions> <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" /> <ColumnDefinition/> </Grid.ColumnDefinitions> <telerik:RadPdfViewerNavigationPane Grid.Column="0" RadPdfViewer="{Binding ElementName=pdfViewer, Mode=OneTime}" PaneWidth="300" /> <telerik:RadPdfViewer Grid.Column="1" x:Name="pdfViewer" DocumentSource="{Binding PdfFileName, Mode=OneWay, Converter={StaticResource PdfDocumentSourceValueConverter}, ConverterParameter=ReadOnDemand}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="NearestNeighbor"/> </Grid> </Grid>

Tanya
Telerik team
commented on 21 Jul 2022, 06:38 AM

Hello Axel,

I checked the code in a sample application and it seems to be working as expected. Can you please check the attached sample and let me know if I am missing something? Please, note that the RadPdfViewerNavigationPane is visualized only when the document opened in RadPdfViewer contains bookmarks.

Hope this is useful. 

Axel
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 21 Jul 2022, 07:15 AM | edited

The demo works.

The document that I loaded does not contain any bookmarks.
In this case the pane seems to be invisible. This is unexpected but ok.

I expected to see page thumbnails in this case. Wrong expectation as well.
I found the page thumbnails example and will check it out.

Tanya
Telerik team
commented on 25 Jul 2022, 11:59 AM

Hi Alex,

RadPdfViewerNavigationPane is responsible for visualizing the bookmarks only. The thumbnails functionality should be explicitly added to PdfViewer as shown in the example and is not enabled by default. I agree that the documentation on the matter could be misleading and logged a task for the team to update it.

Hope this is helpful.

No answers yet. Maybe you can help?

Tags
PDFViewer
Asked by
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or