I have the following requirements/queries regarding the grid:
1) How easy is to accommodate other controls (like combobox,textbox,maskedtexbox) in the cell.
2) How easy is to template grid/cell/datarow
3) Binding with observable collection
4) What about validation, do we have any numeric text box, date time picker, ip address text box support.
5) Can we template grouping row.
6) Triggers/Data triggers/Multi triggers support
7) Icon/Card view support
8) Read only level (I.e. it should be at cell, column, row level)
9) Selective sorting support (i.e. can we specify which column to sort and which to not)
10) Does column adjust its width according to data content.
11) Templating datarow/datacell (for ex. Placing image in place of text content) is possible or not.
12) Inplace editing with two way binding.
13) Selective readonly support (i.e. can we specify which column should be readonly and which should not)
14) Can we get cell validation exception so that we can handle it accordingly.
15) In case the validation fails at certain cell does the focus remain on the same cell.
16) Validation exception - can we get them on grid lost focus.
17) Do we have support for events like – grouping, sorting, gridlostfocus, Celllostfocus, rowlostfocus,mouse events at cell/row/grid level etc.
18) Add new row support.
19) Support for deferred/Immediate scrolling.
20) Do we have automatic support for checkbox column (ie. If we bind a column to bool field then automatic checkbox should appear in that column, if not how to place checkbox in a clolumn bound to a bool field)
21) Can we template header row to say have a checkbox in header row to select all checkboxes of all the rows
22) Do we have support for fixed header and footers.
23) Number of themes available.
24) Do we have sample that shows ip address masking in the cell.
25) Context menu on grid rows.
26) Do we have functions to get object/item from the row/container and vice versa
Please suggest me how to achieve above requirements, a sample code will certainly help in meeting this requirements and preparing a demo application.
It will be helpful if you answer the queries with a yes/no.
Thanks in advance