This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

WPF controls and MS 2010

4 Answers 199 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
N_avtar
Top achievements
Rank 1
N_avtar asked on 15 Sep 2009, 12:37 AM
Hi,
are the WPF controls completable with MS 2010? I download the WPF controls and trying for tree view in Microsoft 2010, it is not working and throwing errors like
"Could not load file or assembly .....................................Telerik.Windows.Data.Dll" or one of it's dependencies (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131515)."

The same thing is working OK with Microsoft 2008.
I need to work with WPF controls in Microsoft visual studio 2010.
Please help me out
Thanks,
Nash

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 15 Sep 2009, 01:20 PM
Hi N_avtar,

I guess the problem is that Visual Studio 2010 does not add automatically references to all needed assemblies when you drag a control onto the design surface. As a workaround I suggest  you to manually add all the needed dlls for the respective control.
In case you are using RadTreeView please try to manually add Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll and Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.dll  in your project.
We will investigate what causes the issue and we will do our best to fix it as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
Anastasia
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
N_avtar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Sep 2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks for reply.
It is working in MS 2008 but When i tried same thing with MS 2010 it is throwing error.
Error    1    "Unknown build error, 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Controls, Version=2009.2.813.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event. Line 6 Position 10.'     C:\Users\....\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\WpfDemo2\WpfDemo2\Window1.xaml    6    10    WpfDemo2"
I tried to manually reference the dll.
Thanks,
N
Missing User
answered on 15 Sep 2009, 03:25 PM
Hi N_avtar,

I have tried your scenario and adding the dlls manually did the trick for me.
I have shot a short movie of my actions:
1. Create a new WPF project
2. Drag a control from the toolbox onto the design surface
3. In the references folder manually add the dlls which are needed for the control that you have dragged onto the design surface
4. Rebuild the solution
Can you please see the movie and tell me how to reproduce the behavior that you are experiencing on your end.

Greetings,
Anastasia
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
N_avtar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Sep 2009, 03:40 PM
Hi,
Excellent help. I missed one trick. I usually copy dlls in my project bin and ref it from there. But anyhow it was not working in 2010 and working fine in 2008..
May be i did something wrong.
Thanks,
N
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
N_avtar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
N_avtar