Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
147 views
Hi,

Is it possible to save and load a grids layout settings to/from an applications user settings (My.Settings) ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Justin
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
3 answers
215 views
Hello

Is there a way to prevent a DropDownList being selected by tabbing ?
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
2 answers
170 views
I am replacing a bunch of ListBox controls with ListControl
the ListBox controls start out with the height of one item, then expand to fit more items if need be
Telerik ListControl doesn't do this
please tell me the properties I need to do this, or do I manually have to adjust the height?
I tried setting AutoSize and AutoSizeItems to true but that did squatz (translation: nothing)
Elliott
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
4 answers
207 views
Hello all,

It's is possible emulate Microsoft Project's Gantt Chart using Telerik RadChart? I also wish to show if a Series Item depends of another. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot,

Erik
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2012
7 answers
1.0K+ views
I m using radgridview. I want to auto size the every column by its header text automatically. Is it possible.

Please help.
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2012
4 answers
238 views
Hello,

I am using on every grid view in our application LoadLayout and SaveLayout.

On most grids all works fine, but on one of our grids I am getting a NullReferenceException.


The grid has a lot of columns and includes look up columns. When I try and load the layout for this particular grid, I am getting the following NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterExpressionCollection.GetFieldByName(String fieldName)

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterExpression.set_Owner(FilterExpressionCollection value)

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterExpressionCollection.InsertItem(Int32 index, FilterExpression item)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Add(T item)

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.Field.set_Filter(FilterExpression value)

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.Field.Initialize(Field field)

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewDataColumn.set_Field(Field value)

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.DataAccessComponent.EnsureColumns()

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.DataAccessComponent.UpdateColumns(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewTemplate.UpdateColumns(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewColumnCollection.NotifyListenersCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.ObservableCollection`1.EndUpdate(Boolean notifyUpdates)

at Telerik.WinControls.Data.ObservableCollection`1.EndUpdate()

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewLayoutSerializer.ProcessListOverride(XmlReader reader, Object listOwner, PropertyDescriptor ownerProperty, IList list)

at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadElementInObject(XmlReader reader, PropertyDescriptor property, Object toRead)

at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadObjectElement(XmlReader reader, Object parentObject, Object toRead)

at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadElementInObject(XmlReader reader, PropertyDescriptor property, Object toRead)

at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadObjectElement(XmlReader reader, Object parentObject, Object toRead)

at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadObjectElement(XmlReader reader, Object toRead)

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.LoadLayout(String fileName)

at Multepos.Controls.GridView.LoadLayout(GridViewName gridViewName) in C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Multepos.Controls\GridView\GridView.vb:line 392

at Multepos.HeadOffice.UI.Forms.FileAdmin.Master.Master_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Multepos.HeadOffice.UI\Forms\File Admin\Master.vb:line 69

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2012
9 answers
576 views
Hi,

I get an error when trying to create a new winforms project in Visual Studio 2010 (SP1 applied).
First I start the wizard to create the new project: Telerik->RadControls for WinForms->Create New telerik Project.
Next I select a VB RadControls Windows Forms Application and enter a Name, Location and Solution name. (same happens when creating a C# app)
After pressing OK this error message appears:

Method 'GetProjectWrap' in type 'telerik.WinControls.VSX.ProjectConfigurators.NewProjectConfigurator'
from  assembly 'telerik.WinControls.VSX, Version=2011.2.419.0
, Culture-neutral, PublicKeyToken=0dfdc51bd06071b4' does not have an 
implementation.

The error occured when RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX was installed on the same machine?!?!

I uninstalled and cleaned vs extensions numerous times. When only installing RadControls_WinForms_2011_1_11_419_dev.msi there's no error.

When RadControls_WinForms_2011_1_11_419_dev.msi is installed (first or after doesn't matter) combined with Telerik.Web.UI_2011_1_413_Dev.msi the error mentioned above appears.

A little help would be appreciated. It seems vs2008 doesn't have this issue ?!
Andrey
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2012
4 answers
194 views
Hello...
           I wanna put my DateTime value in raddatetimepicker control which im unable to do like visualstudios DTP control. Can u suggest me?
Roberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Aug 2012
4 answers
150 views
I looked through the forums and haven't see anything on this, so I thought I'd post a new post to see if there's an answer or a work-around for my issue.

Summary:  If I, at runtime, choose a new DataSource that shares common Column Names with my current DataSource, only the columns with shared names are shown.  If there are no shared column names, then all columns are displayed.  Note, that I've only tried this with DataTable objects.

How to Reproduce:  Given the following four DataTables (with column names listed.)

TableA : (ID, NAME, DESC)
TableB : (ID, NAME, LOCATION)
TableC : (ITEMID, COUNT)
TableD : (NAME, COUNT)

a) RadGridView.DataSource = "TableA" -> All columns are shown.
b) RadGridView.DataSource = "TableB" -> Only ID and NAME are shown
c) RadGridView.DataSource = "TableC" -> All columns are shown.
d) RadGridView.DataSource = "TableD" -> Only COUNT is shown.

If this is a bug, would you happen to know of a workaround in the meantime?

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks!

Rob


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2012
18 answers
780 views
I searched around the forums and couldn't find any info on how to have a nullable DateTime in a GridViewDateTimeColumn. 

I want the user to be able to null out the date and save it to the DB as null.  There seems to be no way to do this.  The GridViewDateTimeColumn seems to not allow the user to select no date or allow them to remove the date from the cell.

We're binding to business objects that have DateTime? as a property.

Is there a way to do this in the GridView for Winforms?  thanks
Ranjeeth kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Aug 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?