Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
276 views
Hello,

I have some trouble with RadMaskedEditBox using Numeric Masks.
When I use a standard Numeric Mask like "c2" or "N", it's working.
When I try to use any Custom Numeric Mask like "#,##.00 'CHF'" or a simple "0" I'm getting in trouble (can't type anything in the maskedbox !).

My final purpose is to have a mask for Swiss Currency typing (independant of culture, so I can't use the standard currency).
Some examples: "120.00 CHF", "1'420.15 CHF".

I actually use a workaround with the "N2" mask and a label for my "CHF".

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2013
4 answers
322 views
Hi,

I started trying your RadControls specifically for the use of the GridView hierarchy, but lately have noticed a lot of complications when trying to make the transition from regular DataGridView to RadGridView. One such example:

I have a RadGridView bound to a table on a SQL Server database. Retrieving the information is fine, however, I want to make some cells hyperlinks. Previously, I would write something like this to change my cells from regular TextBoxCells to HyperlinkCells after the binding completed:

for each (Windows::Forms::DataGridViewColumn^ column in dgv->Columns)
{
    if(column->HeaderText == "Something"))
    {                      
        for each (DataGridViewRow^ row in dgv->Rows)
        {
            row->Cells[column->Index] = gcnew DataGridViewLinkCell();
        }
    }
}

But I notice there isn't any GridViewHyperlinkCell class or anything similar. How would I go about replicating this behavior? The entire column can be HyperLinkCells. I understand that you can make the entire column of type GridViewHyperLinkColumn, but how would I achieve this dynamically?


EDIT: To accomplish the functionality I described above, I did the following:
  • Set the GridView property "AutoGenerateColumns" to False
  • Manually added columns w/ desired column type and set the "FieldName" property to the corresponding column header name in my database table. This directly reflected the table structure in my database.
  • Set the GridView's "DataSource" to the bindingSource I use to retrieve the table from the database.

This takes the ease out of setting and forgetting, but I couldn't figure out an alternate way.

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2013
1 answer
133 views
Hi, after a couple of years absence i'm evaluating the Radscheduler again. Despite of the help of this forum i cannot get a situation working. Very important to get it done on time, because a customer expects a demo.

what is the situation?
In fact perfect described by this post:-
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/scheduler/currently-selected-appointment.aspx

i added an Id as a property.

My question: how to get the id of the changed appointment?

thanks for your help!

Best regards.
Aat Jan
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2013
1 answer
309 views
I am using c# and sql database.
Database contains two filed 1.ID - Int
                                             2.Picture - Image
I had binded the database to radList view ,picture is set as Display member and ID is set as value member.
Problem is pictures are not showing .How to display pictures ?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2013
1 answer
220 views
Hello Team,
I have a requirement where i need to show a  scattered chart in telerik reporting which populates the data from a datatable having huge number of records

i want to plot the graph with reverse Y- Axis which looks like below



if you observe the  above picture the Y-Axis is in reverse order, i mean values start with the smallest number first
 basically i need clarity on following questions:
1. Y-Axis reverse order,  i got the below but not suits to my current requirement

http://telerikhelper.net/2012/09/29/step-by-step-guide-to-work-with-radhtmlchart-for-asp-net-ajax/
http://blogs.telerik.com/aspnetmvcteam/posts/12-06-18/a-quick-look-at-the-q2-2012-release-of-the-telerik-extensions-for-aspnet-mvc.aspx
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/reporting/telerik-reporting/invert-y-axis-in-telerik-reporting-charts.aspx

suggested to populate the y values as negative, i cant do it as there are n number of records in my table.

2.  i want to show the legend outside the graph, above picture it is on the plotarea, i have searched in forums there is an option called
this.radChart.DefaultView.ChartLegendPosition = Dock.Bottom; which is for radchart, i need this option for Report Chart,
Alternative i tried below property,
chart1.Legend.Appearance.Position.AlignedPosition = Telerik.Reporting.Charting.Styles.AlignedPositions.TopRight;
,but missing CenterRight option, which is missing in telerik report chart for winforms

3. i need clarity on this,
 radchart and telerik report chart have the same engine, i mean telerik report chart uses the engine of RadChart ??, if so why all properties are not supporting???

please help me, i already raise a request for Scattered Line Chart, which is currently not supported by telerik, if so in new release please let me know, when you guys are giving scatteredlinechart in charttypes???

Please answer me to the above questions, i bought telerik only for reporting, but when i found that its not supporting scatteredLine charts, i was quite upset


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2013
1 answer
189 views
Hello Team ,

I have a requirement where i need to generate a report containing a line chart from several columns of a datatable with huge number of records, if i loop through all records, its taking time to represent data in line chart

i searched for the possibilities to add the datacolumn of datatable as X, Y value members of the chart, this makes the loading of chartitems very fast, but that can be possible with RadChartView of winforms

I want it in report, can anyone please help me to add radchartview to report
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2013
1 answer
78 views

I am new to telerik and i love your tools, its really great ! I am creating a Inventory Software, based on some existing software in real-world.

I have attached a picture, so u can understand what i am trying to say.


1. i have a Radgrid to enter the ORDER ITEMS.....
2. I used Metro Theme. Its soo good I can enter my data.
3. Finally i will be using some code to save my newly entered data from the GRID into SQL tables.


The problem is, I can see the theme COLOR applied to the current row & Alternative row!   But , what about the rows which is yet to be entered ( its blank ) and its not soo nice! you can see the attachment and tell me if its possible fill the row colors to the entire grid.

Thanks in advance !!!

Regards,
Dominic
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2013
3 answers
183 views
Hello,
as you can see in the object I can get only the first row, the headers row.
I tried everything: export to Excel, export to CSV, export to HTML, export to PDF. Each time I get a file in the desidered format (without problem) but with only one line, the headers line.
This is my scenario:
I have a Win Form wich contains a RadGridView control that I populate via code (something like your demos).
In the form there is a button that open a dialog form (I need to give some option to the customers before create the exported file).
In the dialog form there is all the routines to generate the desired file. For example:
Private Sub RunExportToCSV(ByVal fileName As String)
 
       Dim MyCsvExporter As New ExportToCSV(m_CurrentGrid)
 
      MyCsvExporter.SummariesExportOption = SummariesOption.ExportAll
 
      MyCsvExporter.HiddenColumnOption = HiddenOption.DoNotExport
  
      Try
 
          MyCsvExporter.RunExport(fileName)
 
       Catch ex As IOException
 
          MessageBox.Show(Me, ex.Message, "I/O Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
 
       End Try
 
   End Sub


Here's what I'm using:
.NET 4
Visual Studio 2010
Telerik Win Controls 2012.3.1211.40

Please help me, I'm getting crazy!.
Best Regards.
Davide
Davide
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jan 2013
56 answers
973 views
Hi,

i want to create a WinForms application with a simple WYSIWYG-Editor. Is it possible to use the RadEditor in a WinForms application?
In your Samples you use the Windows-RTF control. The UI looks very nice, but the implementation is not complet.

Thanks for Answer,

Steve
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2013
5 answers
613 views

Hi!


I have a radDropDownButtonElement in my Window Application I filled the radDropDownButtonElement with  Items (RadMenuItems) at runtime.So if one of these Item is clicked I have to do something. I'm not able to find any click event for this.so suggest me how should I make it?

Thank you for supporting me!

Rahul
Shabeer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jan 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?