Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
191 views

HI, I have a gridView (with DataTable as DataSource) and im trying to use the "GetChanges()" when the user change some data in the grid.

in order to use it I do this:
(grid.datasource as DataTable).GetChanges() 

I found out that when I change one cell in the gridView, and then click out of that row , the GetChange() gives me the changes as it should

but 

If I change one cell in the gridView, and then I click in another cell but in the same row. the GetChange() give me Null, like there where no changes.

The event grid_ValueChanged() is fired, but the (grid.datasource as DataTable).GetChanges() still giving null.

any solution?


 



Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2013
4 answers
499 views
Hi:
    I hope I can explain my problem clearly.

    When I add shortcuts and accelerator keys for RadMenuItem, I find some bugs or issues.

Step1: Add RadMenuItem "File". (Parent)
Step2: Add RadMenuItem "Open" (accelerator key is : O;  shortcut is : Ctrl + Shift + G)
Step3: Add RadMenuItem "Add"  (accelerator key is : A;  shortcut is : Alt + O)
Step4: Set "Add" is disabled.

Run the program, you can see the scene as the attachment below. Now, please enter "Alt + O",
the issues comes.....you can see it execute the "Open" function. Who can tell me why!!!!!
Is it mixed the shortcuts and accelerator keys ? is this a bug?

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2013
1 answer
181 views
Hi!

I'm using Telerik WinForms Q1 2013 SP1.

I've inserted a RadMenu with a RadMenueButtonItem in my Main WindowsForm.
When the RadMenueButtonItem is clicked a Form is shown with newForm.ShowDialog();
The problem i have: the radMenue is still open until i click on the Form.
How can i close the RadMenue when a RadMenueButtonItem is clicked?
I've tried to set the Focus on the new Form, but didn't help.
Only a click event on the new shown Form closes the RadMenu.

Thanks a lot for any help...
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2013
3 answers
336 views
Hey at Telerik

I'm struggling to get an export of a hierarchical RadGrid to work properly.

I have included an export example of how it looks now and one how i would like it to look.

Both files can be found here
http://kort2.lifa.dk/publicdownload/ExportToExcel.rar

I would like to hide the column headers of the childtemplates when exporting. Have tried with the ViewCellFormatting and RowCellFormatting events but with no luck.

Hope you can help me with this.

Sincerly Jan
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2013
4 answers
190 views
Hi,

I am using GridView with an IQueryable datasource, together with the builtin header filters.
But when filtering, it just filters the loaded memory object instead of the database. 

I have tried to utilize DynamicLinq, by handling the FilterChanging event like this:

Private FilterDescriptors As New List(Of FilterDescriptor)
 
Private Sub GridView1_FilterChanging(sender As Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCollectionChangingEventArgs) Handles GridView1.FilterChanging
        e.Cancel = True
        For Each f In e.NewItems.OfType(Of FilterDescriptor)()
            FilterDescriptors.Add(f)
        Next
   LoadData() 'Load data here 
End Sub

Then in the LoadData method I have to parse the FilterDescriptor expressions, but this would take some time to get it right, and implementing the various filter operators in DynamicLinq. E.g. the "LIKE" operator needs to be rewritten as ColumnName.Contains(filter) etc.

If my memory serves correct I believe that KendoUI MVC have some builtin functionality to handle this type of situation.
Do you have anything similar in the WinForms toolkit ?
Or do you recommend a different approach ?

(Using VS2012, .NET4.5, Toolkit v. 2013.1.321.40)
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2013
2 answers
186 views

I am trying to conditionally switch between a Command Bar Button and a Command Bar Drop-Down Button with this code:
  

 

if (A)
{
    if (commandBarStripElement1.Items.Contains(cbbCopy))
    {
        location = commandBarStripElement1.Items.IndexOf(cbbCopy);
        commandBarStripElement1.Items[location] = cbDropDownButtonCopy;
    }
 }
else
{
    if (commandBarStripElement1.Items.Contains(cbDropDownButtonCopy))
    {
        location = commandBarStripElement1.Items.IndexOf(cbDropDownButtonCopy);
        commandBarStripElement1.Items[location] = cbbCopy;
    }

 

The code works fine when A is true, but the second time the function is entered and A is false. I get this error:

System.InvalidOperationException: Element already added

The error is thrown from this line:
 

 

commandBarStripElement1.Items[location] = cbbCopy;

I've debugged in and checked all of the items in commandBarStripElement1 and cbbCopy is not in there. Is there some other way to swap items in the Command Bar while maintaining their position?

 

 

 

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2013
3 answers
295 views
Ok I am sure this is simple, but cant seem to figure out how to get the index of the current child hierarchy view.

What I am trying to do is move the current view index to the begining of the collection so the export will export the data that the user is currently viewing. 

Thanks
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2013
1 answer
238 views

I'm evaluating the Winforms tool and have made a small project to try the RadPropertyGrid component.  Here's the relevant code:

            radPropertyGrid2.PropertySort = PropertySort.CategorizedAlphabetical;

            RadPropertyStore store = new Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadPropertyStore();            

            store.Add(new PropertyStoreItem(typeof(double), "Foobar", 1.234, "ahdfl fdlskhs hjdfd", "Ack"));

            this.radPropertyGrid2.SelectedObject = store;


When I run my project using this code, the category name is not drawn above the property.  See attached picture. I've tried creating properties manually using the PropertyStore, and also by using the [Category] attribute on my selected objects.  Neither seem to work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: when I use an object with multiple properties as the selected object, each property appears to get a separate group associated with it, even though the name on each group is blank.
Conrad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2013
2 answers
217 views
Hi there,

I’d like to change the format which the calendar control uses to display the current date, to the left of the "Today" button. (Please see the attached screenshot –  it's the format of the section circled in red which I’d like to change.) I’m specifically trying to use dd/MM/yy and have already tried this:

radDateTimePicker1.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Custom;

radDateTimePicker1.CustomFormat = "dd/MM/yy";

Would you please describe how to change the date format to the left of the “Today” button?

Thank you,

Ben

Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 May 2013
1 answer
175 views
Hi Support,

In my GridView a have a GridViewComboBoxColumn. My application is touch screen and I would like to increase the vertical scroll bar width.

Can you give me some step on how to do this?

Regards,
Nadia
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?