This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrading from 2009

1 Answer 49 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Francisco
Top achievements
Rank 1
Francisco asked on 25 Apr 2013, 08:54 PM
Hi,

I'm an older user (2009) and  I have purchased an actual license (3013.1).
 I want to use Upgrade Tool but I can't do what it says in the links...

http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/pageview-upgrading-to-radpageview.html

"This article is valid for RadControls for WinForms versions prior to Q2 2011 SP1 inclusive. The Upgrade Tool can be used only if started from the SmartTag of the obsolete controls. Since these controls have been removed in Q3 2011, their respective Upgrade Tools are not available as well. In case you want to use the tools, please upgrade/downgrade to Q2 2011 SP1 (v2011.2.11.831)"

The question is, how could I upgrade first to Q2 2011 SP1, and then to 2013.1?

Thank,
Francisco

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2013, 08:27 AM
Hi Francisco,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Back in Q3 2011, we have removed all obsolete controls from our code base after they were marked as obsolete for more than one year. The release notes are available here:
http://www.telerik.com/products/winforms/whats-new/release-history/q3-2011-version-2011-3-11-1116.aspx

My advice for this case will be to perform the upgrade in two stages. First, upgrade to Q3 2010 where all obsolete controls and their descendants exist. For most of the obsolete controls, we offer a Conversion Tool, which will help you with the conversion. This tool can be used for the following conversions:

RadTabStrip to RadPageView
RadPanelBar to RadPageView
RadComboBox to RadDropDownList
RadListBox to RadListControl

Additionally, If you have used the old implementation of our docking control (DockingManger), you will be able to convert it to the new implementation (RadDock) again from the  option in the old control Smart Tag.

The only obsolete control which you will manually convert is the RadToolStrip control. The reason for not providing a tool for conversion of this control is the fact that both controls are semantically different, so you will have to manually recreate the control by using RadCommandBar. From my experience, I can say that this is an easy conversion.

After you convert all your controls to their descendants and clean all errors and warnings, then you can perform an upgrade to the latest version. Once you are done with the upgrade, make sure that all functionalities are working as expected before releasing your product to your end users.

I hope that you find this information helpful. If you have any questions, during the transition process, do not hesitate to contact us.

All the best,
Stefan
the Telerik team
WinForms Q1 2013 boasts PivotGrid, PDF Viewer, Chart enhancements and more. Check out all of the latest highlights.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Francisco
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Share this question
or