Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
5 answers
209 views
Hello,

I can't figure out how to get the RadSchedulerReminder to recognize that Appointments loaded from the database have already been dismissed.

I have a custom Appointment class that inherits from Appointment.
My database table has a Dismissed column.
I set the Dismissed property to the value of the column when I load my appointments from the database. *All* my appointments have Dismissed = True at this point and they all have a start time of close to now.
I set the RadScheduler.DataSource = BindingList(Of CustomAppointment)
I start the RadSchedulerReminder.
I get the reminder screen with every one of my appointments in it even though their Dismissed property is True.
If I dismiss the appointments manually with the Dismiss button, they remain dismissed until I restart the application at which point it ignores the initial value of the property again.

How do I get the RadSchedulerReminder to recognize the existing Dismissed state when it starts up?


Thanks.





George
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2013
2 answers
175 views
Hello,

im testing Telerik at the moment and come to an issue. I've searched your whole site for my problem, but i cant find any answer.

I'm trying to bind a hierarchical DataGrid to SQL, but i dont want to use TableAdapters. Instead of it i want to relaize it with a DataReader or something like that.

So my DataGrid loads the data very well, but when i try to make a template/relation nothing happens. There are still just the rows from the Parent, but the child data is missing. I've tried different ways with datasets, to refresh the DataGrid and many more, but nothing works. When i bind it to TableAdapters, it is working well! So here is my code - hope you can help me out...

 
Private Sub FrmKundenliste_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Dim objconn As New SqlConnection(My.Settings.SQL_V4)
    Dim rs As New SqlCommand("", objconn)
    Dim dr As DbDataReader
 
    rs.CommandText = "Select * from dbo.ApplicationMain"
 
    Try
        objconn.Open()
        dr = rs.ExecuteReader
 
        If dr.Read() Then
            RadGridView1.DataSource = dr
 
            Dim objconn_detail As New SqlConnection(My.Settings.SQL_V4)
            Dim rs_detail As New SqlCommand("", objconn_detail)
            Dim dr_detail As DbDataReader
 
            objconn_detail.Open()
            rs_detail.CommandText = "Select * from dbo.ApplicationDetail"
 
            dr_detail = rs_detail.ExecuteReader
 
            If dr_detail.Read() Then
                Dim template As New GridViewTemplate()
                template.DataSource = dr_detail
                RadGridView1.MasterTemplate.Templates.Add(template)
 
                Dim relation As New GridViewRelation(RadGridView1.MasterTemplate)
                relation.ChildTemplate = template
                relation.RelationName = "ApplicationDetails"
                relation.ParentColumnNames.Add("Id")
                relation.ChildColumnNames.Add("ApplicationId")
                RadGridView1.Relations.Add(relation)
            End If
        End If
     Catch ex As Exception
 
    End Try
End Sub

Greets,
Shaggy
George
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2013
2 answers
227 views
Hello,

this bugs me for hours. i can't seem to arrange controls added through RadMenuItem, please see attached screenshot.

here is the code i am using:

RadMenuItem Item = new RadMenuItem();
RadButtonElement Btn1 = new RadButtonElement();
RadButtonElement Btn2 = new RadButtonElement();
Item.Text = Dates[i].ToString();
Btn1.DisplayStyle = Telerik.WinControls.DisplayStyle.Image;
Btn1.ImageAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter;
Btn1.Image = Properties.Resources.edit;
Btn1.AutoSize = false;
Btn1.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(18, 18);
Item.Children[2].Children[0].Children[1].Children.Add(Btn1);
 
Btn2.Image = Properties.Resources.delete;
Btn2.DisplayStyle = Telerik.WinControls.DisplayStyle.Image;
Btn2.ImageAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter;
Btn2.AutoSize = false;
Btn2.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(18, 18);
Item.Children[2].Children[0].Children[1].Children.Add(Btn2);
 
DateList.Items.Add(Item);

i tried to set the autosize property to false and set a custom size, but to no avail.

i am doing something wrong but what is it?

Thanks!
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2013
1 answer
240 views
I implemented a scrum-like board as described in this thread building on the "tickettest" example:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/gridview/winform-controls-to-build-a-scrum-like-status-board.aspx

At times there can be more cards in a column than will show.  We'd like a vertical scrollbar to appear in each column when there are more cards in the StackLayoutElement column than can show.

How can I do this?
If you could indicate how to modify the tickettest example to demonstrate this, I'm sure I could take it from there.

(e.g. When you run the tickettest example and then grab the lower window edge and make the window shorter, I want a vertical scroll bar to appear in each column when the window edge goes above the lowest card.)
George
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2013
0 answers
176 views
Hi,
I have a MainMdi form and a raddock in it, i add a  DocumentContainer to RadDock like this:
Me.RadDockMain.MainDocumentContainer = Me.DocumentContainer1
I want to set backgrouud image for my raddock that display when no child form is open..
i use this code, but when i execute my application in 17" monitors or smaller my image didn't show in stretch mode and lose some part of my image.
Dim im As New ImagePrimitive
im.ImageLayout = ImageLayout.Stretch
im.StretchHorizontally = True
im.StretchVertically = True
im.Image = My.Resources.pic_Main_Image
 
DocumentContainer1.SplitPanelElement.StretchHorizontally = True
DocumentContainer1.SplitPanelElement.StretchVertically = True
DocumentContainer1.SplitPanelElement.Children.Add(im)


Please help me
Regards,
Mahvash
Mahvash
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Aug 2013
3 answers
784 views
Hi. I have a problem. 

I have a DataTable ;
DataTable  IsChecked column datatype is string(DB type is varchar. I use oracle db) and Data is Y OR N

I want show this data in RadGridview with checkbox column .

I coded below. but ToggleStateConverter any method not call.
Wha's wrong? Help me.

I buy DevCraft Complete product. I want your reply  24 h response.
 


(User defined class and attach Attribute Sample is well work.)
ex)
            this.radGridView1.AutoGenerateColumns = true;

            this.radGridView1.DataSource = dsResult.Tables[0];   
            var checkBoxColumn = new GridViewCheckBoxColumn();
            checkBoxColumn.HeaderText = " IsChecked ";
            checkBoxColumn.Name = " IsChecked ";
            checkBoxColumn.Width = 100;
            checkBoxColumn.IsVisible = true;
            checkBoxColumn.DataType = typeof(string);
            checkBoxColumn.DataTypeConverter = new ToggleStateConverter();

            this.rndGridView1.Columns[0] = checkBoxColumn;








Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2013
1 answer
99 views
Guys,

I am unable to darg-drop the tile after I am adding the following code:

            rtileMain9.Items.Add(new LightVisualElement()
            {
                Text = "Movie Idea: Inception"
            });

This is just basic sample I have. I see the animation but somehow I am unable to drag the tiles. Any help is highly appriciated.

Thanks, Raj

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2013
3 answers
153 views
Hi, I have a RadGridView with enabled editing with a CheckBoxColumn (readonly = false). When I click a checkbox in any row, it doesnt change its state. What could be the problem? Thanks for help. 
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2013
1 answer
158 views
hi, i'm new at this and i'm trying follow the demoHub app to learn more of this control. My problem is when i apply the PanoramaDemo tssp to may app, the tiles get together and i can´t see any separation between them, no matter the tile silze i set to the tile group. Am i doing something grong?

thanks in advance
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Aug 2013
10 answers
326 views
I have a RadGrid with 4 columns;
- Checkbox,
- Image,
- TextBox,
- BrowseColumn
What I want to do is update the first 3 columns based on the filename selected from the Dialog in column 4.  I have tried ValueChanging events, validation etc. but they don't do what I need. Specifically;

1. User clicks the 'Add New Row' button
2. I want to set the focus/editor on col 4
3. User clicks the '...' dialog button in col 4 and opens the FileDialog
4. User selects a filename, FileDialog closes
5. I want to trap the event now so I can insert values into cols 1-3.

All the other events I tried do not fire until the cell loses focus or enter is pressed etc.  I want to fire as soon as the Dialog.FileName is returned to the cell.  Anyone know how to do this?  Thanks.
Brendan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Aug 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?