Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
115 views
Hi Team,
We have a requirement that in hierarchical GridView user should able to sort only current Expand Template(ChildGrid) records when there are multiple expanded template. so we are having issue to implement  the functionality for 'Application should sort the selected or expanded child grid results only'.
I am attaching screenshots  for reference.
Thanks
Dinesh


Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2013
1 answer
673 views
I'm using 2013 Q2. I have a Treeview bound to a basic custom business object. My data source is of type BindingList<Company>. Each company has a BindingList of projects, and each Project has a BindingList of Phases:

class Company : INotifyPropertyChanged
{
    private string _code;
    private readonly  BindingList<Project> _projects;
 
    public Company(string companyCode):this(companyCode,null){}
 
    public Company(string companyCode, IList<Project> projects)
    {
        _code = companyCode;
        _projects = projects == null ? new BindingList<Project>() : new BindingList<Project>(projects);
    }
 
    public String Code
    {
        get { return _code; }
        set
        {
            _code = value;
            OnPropertyChanged("Code");
        }
    }
 
    public BindingList<Project> Projects
    {
        get { return _projects; }
    }
 
    public event PropertyChangedEventHandler PropertyChanged;
 
    // Create the OnPropertyChanged method to raise the event
    protected void OnPropertyChanged(string name)
    {
        var handler = PropertyChanged;
        if (handler != null)
        {
            handler(this, new PropertyChangedEventArgs(name));
        }
    }
   
 
}

class Project : INotifyPropertyChanged
{
    private string _code;
    private readonly BindingList<Phase> _phases;
 
    public Project(string projectCode) : this(projectCode, null) { }
 
    public Project(string projectCode, IList<Phase> phases)
    {
        _code = projectCode;
        _phases = phases == null ? new BindingList<Phase>() : new BindingList<Phase>(phases);
 
    }
 
    public String Code
    {
        get { return _code; }
        set
        {
            _code = value;
            OnPropertyChanged("Code");
        }
    }
 
    public BindingList<Phase> Phases
    {
        get { return _phases; }
    }
 
    public event PropertyChangedEventHandler PropertyChanged;
 
    // Create the OnPropertyChanged method to raise the event
    protected void OnPropertyChanged(string name)
    {
        var handler = PropertyChanged;
        if (handler != null)
        {
            handler(this, new PropertyChangedEventArgs(name));
        }
    }
 
 
}

I've omitted the code for the Phase class, but it is similar.

I bound the data object like this:

_companiesTreeView.DataSource = _dataSource;
_companiesTreeView.DisplayMember = "Code\\Code\\Code";
_companiesTreeView.ChildMember = "Companies\\Projects\\Phases";
_companiesTreeView.ValueMember = "Code\\Code\\Code";

This mostly works as expected. Changes to my data objects at all levels are reflected in the tree. When I add a top level node (Company), it is also immediately reflected in the tree. However, when I add a child node (Project) to a company, the child node is not displayed unless I set the BindingSource to null and then back to my data source. I could do this as a workaround, but that would also require a lot of fiddling around to restore the state of all the nodes in the tree.

Is it possible for the binding to work as I would expect and display newly added child nodes in the tree?

ETA: Version number
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2013
2 answers
113 views
Is there a way I can use a custom PageHeaderElement?  I need a couple additional labels and buttons in the wizard header.

Thank you!

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2013
1 answer
529 views

If I hide protected and inherited members it seems that they don't have difference. So, what is difference between GridViewDataRowInfo and GridViewRowInfo classes?

http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/allmembers_t_telerik_wincontrols_ui_gridviewdatarowinfo.html
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2013
2 answers
152 views
Hi!

I have one question. Is it possible to delete the ApplicationMenuButtonElement from the Ribbon? I did it using "Visibility" property (Value = Collapsed), but my Tabs aren't still on the left side (see attachment). I hope you can help me.

Many Thanks

Kuba
Kuba
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Aug 2013
8 answers
1.2K+ views
I've searched this forum and have not found a post specific to this issue.  The MouseClick event gives me the e.button property so I know if right button used but no row index.  The CellClick event gives me the Row.Index but not which button clicked. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2013
10 answers
410 views
How do I add a checkbox list column to the WinForms GridView control?

Thank you,
Jeff
Andrey Kipetcoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2013
1 answer
292 views
I'm open to alternatives.

I would like to use the ErrorProvider to set error text on the tabs of PageViewPages.  Can that be done?

(As an alternative, I can modify the text on the tab to indicate that the page has errors on it.)

Thank you,
Gary
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2013
3 answers
620 views
Is it possible to have the text of read-only properties display in a different color than the rest of the properties?
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2013
1 answer
274 views
Hello
I have a problem with gridview filterng,
In my grid I have a GridViewTextBoxColumn  (Column Name is "A") and  GridViewMultiComboBoxColumn (Column Name is "B") ,when I filter
Column "A"  I write the text in gridviewfilteringrow and every yhing is ok but when i Want to filter column "B" ,in gridviewfilteringrow
a dropdownlist is appear and I have to select one of those value but I want to do filtering in this column like column "A".
is it possible?
please help me to solve this problem.
thanks alot
George
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?