Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
123 views
Hi,

I'm trying to add a twitter style #-tagging feature to a Winforms RadRichTextBox, where, when the user enters "#", my code must automatically detect it, and convert the entered text to a link when the user ends the word, by entering a periode/comma/semicolon, a Space a line feed or switches caret position away from the entered word.

I would also like to add support for a popup menu/list, which displays the best matches to what the user have entered, based on previously used #-tags. The user can then select a tag from the popup list and have it inserted as a #-tag link, or continue typing, if none of the displayed #-tags are valid.

Checking the caret position and getting when the user enters "#" is easy enough, but detecting when the user then enters a " " to get the tag, I can't get that to work. I've also tried some popup context menu for displaying the list of available at the current caret position, but that opens with focus, so if the user keeps typing, the typing is ignored.

I really need some pointers and samples to get me in the right direction, so any help is much appriciated.

Best regards,
Thomas

George
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2013
3 answers
121 views
Hi,
  
I am using radgridview in a project.   If the column contains fullstop ( '.' character) then the value is not getting displayed for that column though the value is saved in database.
  
Is there any workaround to resolve this issue?
  
Thanks
Balaji
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2013
4 answers
647 views
Hi,

How do you simply delete the entire content of a richtextbox programmatically?

Thanks,
Karl
Hannah
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Oct 2013
1 answer
178 views
Hello,

I am currently using the ChartView context menus to copy the graph to the clipboard. It works fine for all my ChartViews except those of type Pie. In fact, the default context menu (with only the "Palette" item) is not even showing.

Is it a known bug or am I missing something?
Best,
Mathias
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2013
10 answers
1.1K+ views
Is it possible to open a windows form in an already existing tab?  I have predefined tabs in a DocumentTabStip and I want to open a windows form inside of the tab when the tab is selected.

Doing the following will fill the existing tab and create a new blank tab, but I just want to fill the existing tab.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, but have been struggling for some time.  If I eliminate the second line, I get an error.

 
Dim myForm As New Form1()
Me.DocumentWindow1.DockManager.DockControl(myForm, DocumentWindow1, DockPosition.Fill) 
  
DocumentWindow1.Controls.Add(myForm) 
  
  

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2013
1 answer
233 views
Hi,

I recently installed RadControls for WinForms, Q2 2013 SP1, 13.2.725.0.   When I ran the demo to see what was new, the demos all follow the Metro theme.   In some past demos, there was a run-time link or control to re-style the demo to use another theme, but I did not see one is this demo.  Hopefully it's there and I just missed it.

Frankly I'm not a fan of Metro's blocky, crayon-like primary-colored, squared-off appearance. 

Is there any way to change the theme during the demo's run?   Or would i have to go change the Demo's source code and rebuild it to do that?

Thanks!
-Bob
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2013
1 answer
206 views
Hi!

I would like to resize my gridtimepicker clock. Main issue is that by default its size hides minutes to choose. I have to resize the clock manually every time to show these options which is irritating. Default view in attachment. How can I solve this problem?

And in addition. How to change color of the hand of the clock? Eg. in Style Builder?

Thanks in advance,
Szymon.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2013
4 answers
167 views
I want to know how to :
1- move template part to make value column under the net effect column in parent row.
2- get template summary value ...I couldn't read it.
3- recalculate net effects column, so the net value column on same time of template summary calculated.

thank you very much

best regards
George
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2013
0 answers
76 views
I am employing many client-side events to show/hide two different AutoCompleteBoxes (RACB) based on certain conditions.  I also target the entry added event to display some textboxes on the fly.  Mostly everything is working well, however, IE10 is presenting some issues.  Upon typing in a letter on the initial load of the control, the next matching record is automatically input into the RACB without actually selecting anything.  Once it is removed, the RACB works as designed.  It is only on the initial load of the control.
Emily
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 21 Oct 2013
2 answers
266 views


Hi, how do I display the grid's context menu if there are no rows in the grid? I want to right click in the white space and show the context menu.

Thanks,
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?