Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
141 views
Hi there,

We have a data-bound RadGridView to which we’re programmatically adding rows. The position in which the rows are added naturally depends on how the grid is sorted. Is there a way to override this behavior, however? We’d like to insert rows at the end of the grid even if this violates the order in which users have manually sorted the grid.

I’ve tried using a BindingList in order to more closely manage the insertion order, but to no avail.

Thank you so much!

Cheers,
Ben Leibert

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2013
4 answers
283 views
Hi,
i use raddock in my project.as u know when it show(open) a form it becomes a tab in raddock.
my problem is that when i open a form and number of open tabs(forms) got more than the width of raddock, it automatically set new opened form in front of other forms.though , i set DocumentInsertOrder to ToBack.
when number of open forms are less than raddock's width, DocumentInsertOrder  works correctly and add new forms to end of active forms but when number of open forms exceed raddock width, it seems that this property act as InFront and add new forms in front of other forms.
i want to add new forms always at the end of active form list even though number of open forms exceed raddock width.
i'm in hurry, please help me
tanx in advance
George
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2013
1 answer
160 views
I Have very little programming knowledge. This program worked well before I got a newer version of Telerik. Now it is having trouble converting RadDropDownMenus to RadContextMenus. 

mnContext = new RadDropDownMenu();
 
            mnItem = new RadMenuItem("&Add Stats" );
            mnItem.Tag = lnkToTeam;
            mnItem.Name = "AddBattingStats";
            mnContext.Items.Add(mnItem);
 
mnContext.Click += new EventHandler(tvTeam_ContextMenu_PitchPlanRootClicked);
           planGroupNode.ContextMenu = mnContext;
           planGroupNode.Tag = null;
           planGroupNode.Name = "PitchPlanHeader";
           planGroupNode.ToolTipText = "Right-click to add or delete Pitch Plans";


George
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2013
1 answer
123 views
Hello,

I have a Cartesian line graph with dates as CategoryMembers going back 90 days.  I'm trying to only display a label every 10 days so that the x-axis isn't so crowded.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
John
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2013
1 answer
168 views
Hello,

I have a multicolumn combo box that I can't seem to set the value.  When the selectindex is fired for this combobox I do a check of the data the user has worked with.  If there is a missing value I pop up a message box which works but i'm unable to reset the selected value to something else.  It keeps the selected value the user set to notify the group that they are finished with this job.  Since there was an error I want to reset the combobox to a different value.  I've tried so many things but nothing seems to work.  Here is a few of the things I tried.

cbStatus.ValueMember = "value";
cbStatus.DataSource = GetStatusCodes();  //Gets data from a data table
cbStatus.AutoSizeDropDownToBestFit = true;
 
//Binding
cbStatus.DataBindings.Clear();
cbStatus.DataBindings.Add("SelectedValue", bs, "status");
 
 
//I've tried all the below code and it doesn't change my combox selected row or value
 
//((RadGridView)this.cbStatus.EditorControl).Rows[2].IsSelected = true;
//((RadGridView)this.cbStatus.EditorControl).CurrentColumn = ((RadGridView)this.cbStatus.EditorControl).Columns[0];
//((DataTable)bs.DataSource).Rows[bs.Position]["status"] = "02";
///cbStatus.SelectedIndex = 2;
 
 
When I add a watch on the below lines I get "01" and "Complete".  It should change to "02" and "Working"
 
((RadGridView)this.cbStatus.EditorControl).CurrentRow.Cells[0].Value "01" object {string}
((RadGridView)this.cbStatus.EditorControl).CurrentRow.Cells[1].Value "Complete" object {string}
Jerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2013
1 answer
154 views
Hello,

i have following forms:

Dialogform: Is a form with a PageView - the Pageview have 2 Pages in it. Page A and Page B.

Mainform: From here i'm opening the Dialogform. There are 2 Buttons - on Click the button shows the Dialogform as a Dialog (modal).
  • Button A: On click i want to show the Dialogform. Page A should be shown.
  • Button B: On click i also want to show the Dialogform but Page B should be shown.

So when i'm starting my programm and i try the Buttons for the first time, everything works fine (with PageSelected).

But when i'm clicking first Button A, then closing the Diaglogform and press Button B, it still show's me Page A. The selected Tab is the right one - Tab B is marked, but it still shows me the content from Page A.
After that i need to switch manually in the Dialogform to Page A and then back to Page B, then it shows me the right Page.

Meanwhile i found a solution, but i dont know if this is the right one. I need to dispose the Dialogform on closing and then it works fine.

Is there any other solution for this issue?

Thanks.
Shaggy
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2013
0 answers
135 views
On one screen we have the ribbon bar is not res zing we use type of radform when creating our forms and I cannot see as to why the ribbon menu is not re sizing on maximize button being pressed
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 Nov 2013
17 answers
916 views
With large grids (>100'000 rows) sorting columns can take a lot of time, would be nice if the Grid would show the HourGlass Pointer during such internal operations.
Is there a way I can enable this?

Regards
Erwin
George
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2013
5 answers
263 views
This might be a stupid question but I've been trying to figure this out for hours now.

How do I enable the default Context Menu with Copy, Paste, etc. like the ones on the demos without explicitly adding those options in code behind to the menu???
My AllowCellContextMenu is set to true, but nothing shows on right click.
I also have another form that somebody else here programmed and in the ContextMenuOpening event one grid has a Copy option already there and another grid has nothing, both have AllowCellContextMenu set to true and none of them have any code for adding items to context menu...

Please help,

Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2013
1 answer
106 views
Hi,

When I export to Html, I'm losing carriage returns and line breaks.

If I have the following text:
1

3

It gets exported to:
1
3

Is this a bug in the html provider ?

Thanks
Euan
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?