Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
12 answers
720 views
Dear Admin,

I have a RadScheduler with ActiveViewType = Day and RadScheduler1.GroupType = GroupType.Resource which my resources are my Employee.
I wrote this code to create an appointment, but it does not work and my RadScheduler does not show the appointment:

 

 

 

Private Sub NewAppointment(ByVal StartDateTime As Date, ByVal EndDateTime As Date, ByVal EmployeeID As Integer) 
    Dim duration As Long = DateAndTime.DateDiff(DateInterval.Hour, StartDateTime, EndDateTime) 
    Dim apt As New Appointment() 
    apt.Start = StartDateTime
    apt.End = StartDateTime.AddHours(duration)
    apt.Summary = "Summary Test"
    apt.ResourceId = 
    New EventId(EmployeeID) 

    'RadScheduler1.Appointments.Add(apt) 

    RadScheduler1.ActiveView.Appointments.Add(apt)
End Sub

 

What did I wrong?

I am looking forward to hearin from you as soon as possible.
Thank you in advanced.
Kian

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeffrey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Mar 2014
1 answer
156 views
I have a RadContextMenu assigned to my RadGridView 
I want this only be displayed when the user clicks a row with 
data that is not displayed when the user click on header of RadGridView
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2014
13 answers
583 views
Hi,
I want to export in csv and pdf  but i  had a many problems .
I use the same code as:
 http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/gridview-exporting-data-export-to-csv.html 
http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/gridview-exporting-data-export-to-pdf.html 

for export in csv I got an error   "Entry Point Not Found"

for export to pdf I got the error    "Unable to cast object of type'Telerik.WinControls.UI.GroupPanelElement' to type 'Telerik.WinControls.RadElement'." 

Thanks
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2014
7 answers
269 views
hi,

I am trying to drag items of a Rad Listbox into a Rad TreeView.

I have found how to do a drag and drop between two Rad ListBoxes. In the same way i have tried for the above senario.

Please can anyone help me how to implement Drag and drop between Rad TreeView and Rad ListBox.

Thank you.

regards,
Mahitha Madala
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2014
5 answers
320 views
Hey,

Just wanted to inform from small issue with latest version of telerik.

When ever we try to add new radform into our project, VS2010 gives error and form aint added. We tested it out littlebit and 3 of our programers had this error and 1 didn't.
Ofcourse there is easy workarounds (add new normal form and swap it into radform, copypaste old one etc), but still wanted to inform you about it.

Cheers,

Toni


Here is the full error from error message:

Error occurred while running wizard.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Telerik.VSX.Internal.ProjectManagement.ProjectFileLocator.GetProjectItemForPath(String relativePath)
   at Telerik.VSX.Internal.ProjectManagement.ProjectItemWrap.ContainedInProject(IProjectWrap porjectWrap)
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSX.TemplateProcessing.WFScenarioManager.Launch(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, String itemName, String scenarioPath, String scenarioName)
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSPackage.VSItemTemplateWizard.LaunchScenarioManager(ServiceProvider serviceProvider, Dictionary`2 replacementsDictionary)
   at Telerik.VSX.VSPackage.ItemTemplateWizardBase.RunStarted(Object automationObject, Dictionary`2 replacementsDictionary, WizardRunKind runKind, Object[] customParams)
   at Telerik.VSX.VSPackage.WizardBase.<>c__DisplayClass5.<Microsoft.VisualStudio.TemplateWizard.IWizard.RunStarted>b__4()
   at Telerik.VSX.VSPackage.WizardBase.CatchExceptionAndSendReport(Action action)
Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2014
3 answers
332 views
Hello.!

I am a user who uses your Telerik library.
Currently, I have been programming CharView on Winfom.
In case of the program that I develop, Whenever I click a button, it draws a chart then BindingList’s data is increasing continuously.
What I want to do is that let the Scroll bar be displayed when the number of data is over 20.
However, my program does not display Scroll bar when that happens.
My code is the following.

public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        private BindingList<SampleData> _collectiontempsite1;
 
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }
 
        private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            _collectiontempsite1 = new BindingList<SampleData>();           
 
            radChartView1.ShowTitle = true;
            radChartView1.Title = "Sample";
 
            ClearChart();
            DrawChart();
        }
 
        private void ClearChart()
        {
            radChartView1.Series.Clear();
            radChartView1.Axes.Clear();
        }
 
        private void DrawChart()
        {
            CategoricalAxis horizontalAxis = new CategoricalAxis();
            horizontalAxis.PlotMode = AxisPlotMode.OnTicksPadded;
            //      horizontalAxis.LabelFitMode = AxisLabelFitMode.Rotate;
            //      horizontalAxis.LabelRotationAngle = 270;
            horizontalAxis.LabelInterval = 10;          
 
            LinearAxis verticalAxis = new LinearAxis();
            verticalAxis.AxisType = AxisType.Second;          
            verticalAxis.LabelInterval = 2;          
 
            CartesianSeries series1 = null;
            series1 = new LineSeries();
            series1.LegendTitle = "site1";
            series1.PointSize = new SizeF(5, 5);
            series1.HorizontalAxis = horizontalAxis;
            series1.VerticalAxis = verticalAxis;
            series1.BorderWidth = 2;
            series1.CategoryMember = "Time";
            series1.ValueMember = "Temp";
            series1.DataSource = _collectiontempsite1;           
            //series1.ShowLabels = true;
            series1.CombineMode = ChartSeriesCombineMode.None;
 
            radChartView1.Series.Add(series1);
            radChartView1.Area.View.Palette = KnownPalette.Summer;
 
            radChartView1.VerticalScroll.Enabled = true;
            radChartView1.VerticalScroll.Visible = true;
            radChartView1.HorizontalScroll.Enabled = true;
            radChartView1.HorizontalScroll.Visible = true;     
        }
 
        private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Random r = new Random(DateTime.Now.Millisecond);
 
            string strCurrentTime = DateTime.Now.ToString("hh:mm:ss:ffff");
            double dTemp = Convert.ToDouble(r.Next(70, 120));
            _collectiontempsite1.Add(new SampleData(strCurrentTime, dTemp));
        }
    }



Please respond to what I concern. Thank you.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2014
2 answers
429 views
I'd love to use the RadCollapsiblePanel to provide drop down buttons in my application on certain menus, but my buttons currently are square. and I can't seem to modify the button shape in the panel without using the ControlSpy. Even then it seems odd that there is no "square" button shape to select and I have to make a custom shape for something so common.

My main problem at this point, however, is that any time I set the button element AutoSize to false, the button vanishes at runtime. I attached an image of how it looks at design time. I am able to use a larger image and resize the button, change the background, border, etc. I can't figure out how to make it square and at runtime, the button is gone and nothing in that area responds to a click.

George
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2014
1 answer
414 views
Please could someone let me know if it is possible to have a background image set to a specific cell on every row, but to also have a label/TextBoxCell in that cell too?

Any examples would be great.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2014
1 answer
344 views
I know this is posted somewhere here, so my search phrases must me horrible..

New to api, looking at how a can assign a form a theme during it's creation.   Want to be able to switch themes based on how a form is called.

I created a form which implements RadForm

on form_load I set ThemeNameClass and ThemeName, then Initialize is called.  c#, 2013, latest version for DevCraft.

Thanks
Mike
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2014
3 answers
179 views
Hi guys,

I am trying to do a few style changes to the scrollbar. I've attatched an image of how it looks currently.

1) There is a border on the whole left hand side of the control. I can't find anywhere in the element editor. Please can someone let me know which property I need to change to hide this?

2) You will notice I have take away the arrows. I want the scrollbar to not have arrows. But the area in which the arrows sit is still visible, can I remove this extra space?

Many thanks,

J
George
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?