Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
160 views
I'm having trouble binding a custom object
All the examples seem to be database/dataset based with separate collections for each dimension.

How would I get a simple hierarchical grid to work with something like below, if I wanted to bind to an object of type List<CarMaker> 

public class CarMaker
{
        public string CompanyName { get; set; }
        public List<CarModel> Models { get; set; }
}

public class CarModel
{
        public string ModelName { get; set; }
}
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2014
1 answer
1.5K+ views
Hi,

I want to change background of button. I set FillPrimitive/ BackColor 1- 4 to Blue and background of the button is changed to Blue. But when I move my mouse over the button, background of the button isn't changed to other color.

1. I want my button background is blue, when I move my mouse over it, the background is changed to yellow or other color. How can I do this ?
2. I have a lot of buttons in my application so I want apply above style to all my button, How can I do this ?

Thanks.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2014
1 answer
126 views
Hi 
I want to export to excel from radgrid with some formatting and want to free view as well.
By formatting i mean i want to add image and other headers.please refer the attached pdf report.i want to create something like that only.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2014
1 answer
348 views
Hi everybody,

During the action of RadGridView print, how can I increase the height of the Cells(whole row) only which have multiple rows when using (StringFormatFlags.NoClip)

 private void DGV_Main_PrintCellFormatting(object sender, PrintCellFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
            e.PrintCell.StringFormatFlags = StringFormatFlags.NoClip;   
       }

Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2014
4 answers
316 views
Hi Guys, 
I have to find out if the printed gridview is out of margin (inside the RadPrintDocument or not) to switch the orientation to landscape,
then reduce font size if gridview stills out.
thanks in advance.
Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2014
3 answers
222 views
Hi,

How could I get the RadAutoCompleteBox  in TokenValidating event? The sender is an AutoCompleteBoxViewElement....
Thank you.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2014
0 answers
97 views
I have a gridview which has 1st column as checkboxcolumn. I have a button which clears all checked rows from the grid, below is the code for the same.
foreach (GridViewRowInfo row in gridView.Rows)
{
   row.Cells["bool_helper"].Value = false;      
}
But, if all the rows are selected using the header checkbox cell and then the clear button is clicked, the checks from the rows are removed but not from the header check box. I am also not able to set value for the header cell as below. Please suggest.
this.gridView.MasterView.TableHeaderRow.Cells[0].Value = false;
Priyam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 15 Apr 2014
1 answer
308 views
Hi there,

Another databindings question concerning RadCheckBox. I've seen a few floating around, but for some reason I just cannot get it to work.

First, I create a bindingsource, a button and a checkbox in designer. On load I do the following in codebehind:

private MyEntities dbContext = new MyEntities();
 
private void ManageClientsForm_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    radCheckBox1.DataBindings.Add("IsChecked", bindingSource1, "active");
 
    Client c = (from c in dbContext.Clients
                where c.Id = 1000
                select c).First();
 
    bindingSource1.DataSource = c;
}
 
private void radButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (bindingSource1.DataSource == null) { return; }
 
    Client c = (Client)bindingSource1.DataSource;
 
    bool hasChanges = (from c in dbContext.ChangeTracker.Entries<Clients>()
                       where c.Entity == c & c.State != System.Data.Entity.EntityState.Unchanged
                       select c).Any();
 
    if (hasChanges)
    {
        dbContext.SaveChanges();
    }
}

hasChanges returns always false. The other textboxes I have bound in similar fashion have no problems.

I use EF6 and the field 'active' is a bit column (which is seen as bool due to EF, therefore no parse/format). I also changed the threestate-property of the checkbox to false.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Jasper Gielen
George
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2014
3 answers
350 views
Will there be support in the future to allow vertically oriented labels on bar charts?  Or does that feature currently exist and I'm missing it?

(see attached)

Thank you
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2014
1 answer
230 views
i was use Weifon luo for Docking and i want to know how to Show or Load Form in DockPanel or RadDock Panel  Like that Code i use it in weifun luo

public partial class Form2 : DockWindow                //  i try that in RadDock but there`s Error in Form Designer and it Crashed .

{
....... any code
}

and in Main Form that i use as Main Docking i should write that

public partial class Form1:Form
{
Form2 f2=new Form2();
f2.show(DockPanl1,Dockstate.Left) ;       // or in Telerik RadDock as    Raddock1,Dockposition.Right ........... etc   .. 


please i need fast answer Thanks ADMINS .
}
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?