Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
351 views

Can MS Outlook be integrated using telerick, all the inbox contents and new mail.

Does telerik have default controls for doing this?

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2015
3 answers
84 views

I added a button to the command buttons on the wizard... The problem is that I can not figure out how to make this button visible.  I have set its his.rbtnOpenPayClient.Visibility  to  Telerik.WinControls.ElementVisibility.Visible but no joy.  I set its ZIndex to 5 which I thought would be above any possible control that could be on top of it, still no joy.  I'm at a loss at the moment.  I can't figure out why this button just won't show itself.

            // rbtnOpenPayClient
            // 
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.AccessibleDescription = "Post Payment";
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.AccessibleName = "Post Payment";
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.Alignment = System.Drawing.ContentAlignment.BottomRight;
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.Margin = new System.Windows.Forms.Padding(4);
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.MinSize = new System.Drawing.Size(100, 24);
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.Name = "rbtnOpenPayClient";
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.Text = "Post Payment";
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.TextWrap = true;
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.Visibility = Telerik.WinControls.ElementVisibility.Visible;
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.ZIndex = 5;
            this.rbtnOpenPayClient.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.rbtnOpenPayClient_Click);

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2015
3 answers
160 views

Hi all,

I have setup a TextBox with multiline=True.

Setting the Text-Property or the Lines-Property does not display the MultiLineText in correct way.

The text is displayed without wordwrap.

 

Is there another Property set to be True?

 

Regards

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2015
3 answers
155 views

I've been Saving and Loading the GridView layout for quite some time now.  This week I updated the UI controls to version 2015.2.623.40.  Since then, when I call LoadLayout(<MemoryStream>) I get the following message box message:

"The string you have entered cannot be converted to a valid Type object.  Please, verify the spelling and include any namespaces that migh be needed."

 Yes, "might" was misspelled as "migh" in the message box.

 Did something change with the Save/Load layout methods?

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2015
1 answer
137 views

Hello,

 We need to highlight the typed (suggested) text in the popup window. For example,

we have the following list:

-One

-Two

-Three

-Four

-Five

And if user is typing "T" then letter 'T' should be bolded in words '<b>T</b>wo' and '<b>T</b>hree'

 

Thanks in advance!

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2015
5 answers
168 views

Hi,

In the new version of UI for WinForms (2015.2.623) I have found a bug. When I try order a DateTime Column that contains null values I get an exception. This did not happen with the previous version.

I include a link to the example of the error: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21787064/DateTimeOrder.zip

Regards

Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2015
6 answers
205 views
Hello,

I recently noticed that the ExportToExcelML peformance is much faster if the application that calls the RunExport method is minimized.

I am calling RunExport on a background thread, so I thought perhaps it was just my code. So, I performed some tests on the Telerik Demo application, and found the same results. For 1000 records, the export takes about 40 seconds if I don't minimize the application. If minimized, it only takes about 3 seconds. This is in agreement with the performance of my own application.

Can you please verify that this is indeed the case? If so, is this a bug that will be fixed in a future release?

Thank you.

Ed M.

edit: The demo I am comparing to is ExcelML with Events. I used the same pattern to perform the export in a background thread. If I call the RunExport method in the UI thread for my application, the export takes less than 3 seconds for 1000 records. I am using the Winforms Q1-2011-SP1 release.
Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2015
11 answers
600 views
Hello, please I've been searching for two days for this & couldn't find it ...
I'm trying to do something like this example :
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/dataediting/editmodes/defaultvb.aspx

but i want it in windows form application ... please help

I am not sure if the properties for the ASP rad grid are the same for windows forms rad grid ... like this line
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.EditMode = GridEditMode.EditForms
and
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.EditMode = GridEditMode.InPlace

Please help as soon as you can :S
Chandrak
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jul 2015
3 answers
182 views

Hello ... I've scoured the forums for an answer to this seemingly simple request. I have a template setup and it's working great. What I want to do is to 'paint' the color of the bounding box, for the child rows, the same color as their 'parent' row. I know I need to use ViewCellFormatting to achieve the painting of the box but I can't figure out how to get the row color (I'm using Conditional Formatting to color the parent rows) from the parent during the ViewCellFormatting event. The CellFormattingEventArgs only seems to expose the HierarchicalRowInfo object which, if I'm correct in my understanding, represents the Logical tree and the color of the row is from the Visual tree so I need the actual RowElement object representing the parent row. Below is the code for painting my bounding box:

As you can see, I'm using VB.NET but I can always translate C#. I want to replace the Color.GreenYellow with something like e.CellElement.Parent.BackColor. The problem is that the parent is the ScrollableRowsContainer element, not the GridDetailViewRowElement that I'm trying to get. How the heck can I achieve this?

Thanks, Jim

If TypeOf e.CellElement Is GridDetailViewCellElement Then
    Dim row As GridRowElement = e.CellElement.Parent 'This line doesn't actually retrieve the BackColor of the Parent!!!!!!
    e.CellElement.DrawFill = True
    e.CellElement.BackColor = Color.GreenYellow
    e.CellElement.Padding = New Padding(9, 4, 3, 4)
    e.CellElement.Margin = New Padding(10, 0, 0, 0)
    e.CellElement.Parent.
End If

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2015
3 answers
460 views

Hi there

 I'm trying to add rows to a GridViewDecimalColumn with leading zeros. I know there's a property "FormatString" but this is not exactly what I want. I want the numbers always have the same amount of zeros leading. Here you can see my code:

GridViewDecimalColumn col = new GridViewDecimalColumn();
col.FormatString = "{0:0000}";
radGridView1.Columns.Add(col);

This will output the following:

Number 1 will be 0001
Number 2 will be 0002
Number 10 will be 0010
Number 100 will be 0100

But what I'm trying to achieve is:

Number 1 should be 0001
Number 10 should be 00010
Number 100 should be 000100
etc.

Is this possible? Hope you can help me.

Regards,

Danilo

Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?