Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
149 views

Hi Telerik support team,

May I know which control able to do this kind of display field(including the background color of blue and pink)? Please refer to the attachment.

Thank you.

 

Best regards,

Nicholas

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2015
2 answers
121 views

Hi, 

 

May I know Telerik Winforms could do these 3 features in properties settings instead of using coding(Please refer to the attachment)? If yes please provide the steps to do this. If no, please provide advice or solutions to do these features.

Thank you.

 

Best regards,

Nicholas

Chai
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Aug 2015
1 answer
126 views

Hi,

I have a time ​column on a RadGridView. If the field is null, it defaults to the current time of day when the user starts typing in a new value. I want to change this behavior.

I need it to remain blank, and then default to 00:00 when the user start typing. FYI, the property on the datasource is a nullable DateTime.

Thanks.

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2015
1 answer
1.2K+ views

I have a grid which shows employee data and enable user to edit the data. When edit command is pressed, it displays dropdown list for one of the column(Name). The dropdown value gets displayed without any issue however when edit command is pressed, the existing value within the dropdown gets hidden and first value '- Select -....' get displayed.

P.S: i followed this tutorial to add dropdown in Kendo Grid: http://www.sitereq.com/post/kendo-mvc-dropdown-lists-inside-inline-kendo-mvc-grids

Code Behind:

class EmployeeItem
{
public string Name{get; set;}
public string Code1{get;set;}

public string Code2{get;set;}​
public string CombinedValues{get;set;}  //this is combination of Name, Code1, Code2 delimited by comma

}

 

  Controller Code:

List<EmployeeItem> employeeList = service.GetEmployeeList();
ViewBag.EmployeeList = new SelectList(employeeList, "CombinedValues", "Name");

 

EditorTemplate Code (_EmployeeDropDown.cshtml):

@(Html.Kendo().DropDownList()
      .BindTo((IEnumerable)ViewBag.EmployeeList)
      .OptionLabel("- Select - ")
      .DataValueField("Value")
      .DataTextField("Text")
      .Name("EmployeeData")
)

View Code:
@(Html.Kendo().Grid(Model.employeeDetails)
      .Name("GridEmployeeDetails")
      .Columns(columns =>
      {
        columns.Command(command => { command.Edit(); }).Width("180px").Title("Action");
        columns.Bound(e => e.Name).Width("210px").EditorTemplateName("_EmployeeDropDown")
                                            .ClientTemplate("#:EmployeeData#");            
      })

So if the employeeList have values something like this:
Name = John, Code1 = 1, Code2 = 2, CombinedValues = John,1,2
Name = Matt, Code1 = 21, Code2 = 50, CombinedValues = Matt, 21, 50

In the grid, when i first view the grid it displays the Name, John in first row, Matt in second row. If i edit Matt row, the dropdown will show up with '-Select-' as selected value instead of 'Matt'. 
Does anyone know  how i can achieve that?
Also, once i make selection on dropdown, let's say from Matt to John, and hit inline Save button now the value changes to CombinedValues i.e. John,1,2 instead of just John under Name column.

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2015
3 answers
321 views
I want to enable Mouse wheel scroll on GridViewTextBoxColumn. Please, help me.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2015
6 answers
275 views
Hi!
I need to calculate the IMC (body mass composition) and show the results in a chartview according to the attached model. With Linear Gauge , is it possible? How to set the legend?
Maia.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
2 answers
244 views

Hi,

 I just got a subscription to Telerik's control library to work on a client's project.

However, the project uses an older version of the controls (2015 Q1). I tried to install an older version through the website but I get this:

Versions you can download
2015.2 623

Is there a way to get a version of the installer for an old bundle, before the license was acquired?

 

Thank you,
Lachezar

Lachezar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
1 answer
88 views

Hi,

Does ​GridView support nested grids with arbitrary structure that can vary between parent rows? For example:


=ObjectName=        =ObjectQuantity=

- The Book                  2
        =Chapter=     =Page=
        Chapter 1         3
        ....

- Kitchen Set              1
        =Item=      = Qty=    =Material=
        Knife            3           Stainless Steel 
        Cup              4           Porcelain
        ....

- Pencil                     50

- A4 paper                100

etc.

So it's not really parent-child / master-detail relationship, it's more like a flat list of objects where some objects might have nested data (and some might not).

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
2 answers
225 views

I have added custom grouping for my RadGridView. I am setting the text for the group header using the GroupSummaryEvaluate handler, as shown in your documentation here: http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/gridview-grouping-formatting-group-header-row.html

Question: Can I use two different fonts within my group header text? For example:

 (begin font 1) Description of the group   (begin font2) Number of child rows: 7

     child row 1

     child row 2

     etc. etc. up to child row 7

If so, how can I do that?

-Lou

Lou
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Jul 2015
3 answers
267 views

Hi,

It seems that UniformGrid is available in Telerik UI for Winforms. But, I could not find any documentation which can help me in using it.

I added the Telerik.WinControls.dll which seems to be having the UniformGrid control but I could not find it in the Toolbox.

Could you provide the documentation on how to use it?

 Regards,

vijay

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?