Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
465 views

Hi,

the format of the FilterDescriptors.Expression is for SQL, ie.
"[Filename] LIKE '%3170%'"

But I need to use it in dynamic Linq , so it would be correct:
"Filename.Contains(\"3170\")"

Is there an Option or Tool to get an Linq Expression instead of SQL Expression?

Peter

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2017
7 answers
159 views

Using the "Email" example(s) I have successfully added a custom field into a new Custom Appointment form.  I also needed to have some custom code run when the user hits OK and exits out of the form.  That works as well.

However when I edit an Appointment and try to change the Summary or Location, that information is not getting propagated back to the Scheduler. I haven't changed any of the textbox names (don't think that's even possible), but the data doesn't seem to be getting back to the scheduler.

Any ideas?

Here are my LoadSettingsFromEvent/ApplySettingsToEvent methods:

    protected override void LoadSettingsFromEvent(IEvent sourceEvent)
        {
            base.LoadSettingsFromEvent(sourceEvent);

            var appointmentWithChiroDetails = sourceEvent as AppointmentWithChiroDetails;
            if (appointmentWithChiroDetails != null)
            {
                if (Globals.currentCustomer != 0)
                {
                    this.txtpat_id.Text = Globals.currentCustomer.ToString();
                }
            }
        }

        protected override void ApplySettingsToEvent(IEvent targetEvent)
        {
            var appointmentWithChiroDetails = targetEvent as AppointmentWithChiroDetails;
            if (appointmentWithChiroDetails != null)
            {
                appointmentWithChiroDetails.CustomerPK = Convert.ToInt32(this.txtpat_id.Text);
            }

            base.ApplySettingsToEvent(targetEvent);
        }

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2017
5 answers
1.2K+ views
Is there a way to have items in the dropdown automatically word wrap? 
Mary
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2017
1 answer
175 views

Hi,

I have integrated GridView in my application. This grid ist bound to a bindingsource. When my query for the binding source has no datas, then I missing the "new row" line for adding datas. Please see the attached files.

      If IsNumeric(RadGridView1.CurrentRow.Cells("ComboNr").Value) Then
        Dim iGruppeNr As Integer = grdParameter.CurrentRow.Cells("ComboNr").Value
        bsDetekParaCombo.DataSource = (From Combo As tblDetekParaCombo In dbContext.tblDetekParaCombo
                                       Order By Combo.ComboGruppeNr
                                       Where Combo.ComboGruppeNr = iGruppeNr Select Combo).ToList
      Else
        'Here I will get a count of 0 rows and I missing the new line for adding rows
        bsDetekParaCombo.DataSource = (From Combo As tblDetekParaCombo In dbContext.tblDetekParaCombo
                                       Order By Combo.ComboGruppeNr
                                       Where Combo.ComboGruppeNr = -1 Select Combo).ToList

        grdCombo.MasterTemplate.Refresh()
      End If

 

 

What I am doing wrong?

Karim

 

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2017
2 answers
179 views

Hello:

I want to initialize default values on editor loading:

 

<p>void radDataEntry1_BindingCreated(object sender, BindingCreatedEventArgs e)</p><p>{</p><p>if (e.DataMember == "IsAdministrator")</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;{ </p><p> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;        e.Binding.NullValue = false;</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;}</p><p>}</p>

Thank you.

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2017
1 answer
116 views

Rad Scheduler  -

How to possible three cell collapse and display single cell in timeline control (like col span functionality)

and create appointment display run time 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2017
1 answer
181 views

I am trying to replace a 3rd party tool with Telerik controls.  Our application has a ComboTree which is basically a treeview inside a dropdown box.

I don't see any way to do this with your controls.  

Please point me in the right direction

 

Thanks

 

Jason

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2017
4 answers
595 views

Hi,

I'm looking into the Telerik 'UI for Winforms'. I develop in Progress OpenEdge and as Progress is now owner of Telerik I would like to develop a .NET gui for a new application with Telerik controls.

Before looking to Telerik I looked at Ingragistics. They have a control called 'MDI Tab Manager'. Purpose is, you have a MDI Form (parent) and the childforms appear as tabbed forms in the parent window.

I was wondering if Telerik has such a control. I've looked at all the .net controls but didn't find anything about this.

 

Kind regards

Bart S.

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2017
1 answer
237 views

Hi,

I have used a RadGridView Element with different columns. One column is a GridViewMultiComboBoxColumn with a valuemember and a displaymember, When I drop down the combo I see the displaymember correctly. But when I leave the row I only see the valuemember (1,2,3..)

 

  Private Sub RadGridView2_CellEditorInitialized(sender As Object, e As GridViewCellEventArgs) Handles RadGridView2.CellEditorInitialized
    If e.Column.Name = "FeldArt2" Then
      Dim editor As RadMultiColumnComboBoxElement = e.ActiveEditor
      If IsNothing(editor) = False Then
        Dim el As RadMultiColumnComboBoxElement = editor
        el.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.Suggest
        Dim lFeldArt As New List(Of clFeldArt)
        lFeldArt.Add(New clFeldArt(1, "Date Picker"))
        lFeldArt.Add(New clFeldArt(2, "Textfeld"))
        lFeldArt.Add(New clFeldArt(3, "Combo"))
        lFeldArt.Add(New clFeldArt(4, "Checkbox"))
        el.ValueMember = "FeldID"
        el.DisplayMember = "FeldArt"
        el.DataSource = lFeldArt
        el.AutoSizeDropDownToBestFit = True
        editor.Columns("FeldID").IsVisible = False
      End If
    End If
  End Sub

 

I have attached a file which explain what I mean.

Does anybody has an Idea whats wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Karim

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2017
2 answers
184 views

The added functionality to the full-text search in 2017.2 is really cool, especially the new close button.

An intuitive way to close the full-text search was on my to-do list for quite some time.

However, I noticed that the AllowSearchRow Property stays true even if the search row was closed/hidden by the user.

What's the best way to test if the full-text search row is currently visible?

So far, I have extended the grids context menu like this:

 

var searchRowMenuItem = new RadMenuItem("Full-text Search (Ctrl+F)");
            searchRowMenuItem.Click += this.searchRowMenuItem_Click;
            searchRowMenuItem.IsChecked = this.AllowSearchRow;

 

erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 12 May 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?